Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Thursday, July 20, 2017

2014

Was it only 3 years ago wetook these pictures? And 4 years ago that Mary Anne survived pneumonia and ARDS only to bounce back to our loveable spunky gal.
And now she's gone...............
This was taken at the Lake in the Bunkhouse.

Me- "Mary Anne you are a nut!"
Mary Anne "What kind of nut?"
Me "Cashew!"
Mary Anne "Bless you!!!"
That was her favorite joke. We still say it to each other just to "hear" it again.

Oh the JOY of having her in my life. Even the cruel jealousy of her sisters and brothers and nieces and nephews could not steal that JOY! Here she's "giving the eyeball"!!

She loved us. And if she loved you, you were loved by every ounce of her being. She was fair and just. But when she was angry, and she could swear like a Sailor, you had it coming if you made her angry!

                                                  If I could only (((HUG))) her once more.

 SP looking pretty darn good here. Since she has a big health issue now she has aged more rapidly. SP is my sweet grumpy smarter than me friend of 28 years! :o)

I LOVE you Mary Anne! I thank God for you, He truly gifted me with the second half of your life, age 30 to 60. It was such happy years of my life!

 SP and the girls outside. She wanted to go in! ;o) Fresh air is good for us! Glasses are in a safe place so they don't get broken.
Just remembering today.
And spoiling SP as she eats ice cream, pizza, pop and coffee every day of vacation.
Life is short. (((HUG))) everyone!

God Bless (((HUGS)))

6 comments:

  1. Are you able to elaborate on the issues with MA's family?
    Your blog is the first place I've heard of family group homes for older people and I'm just curious.
    MA had Down syndrome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We take adults with disabilites in our home. Mary Anne was 30 when she moved in, SP was 32. Now we are old! LOL!! They and 1 other precious lady stayed with us till she died (16 years) at 44.
    Yes Mary Anne had Down Syndrome! She learned she had it with us, she was happy and proud, and she loved that Samson and the little boys had it too!
    Mary Anne's mother died when she was 4. She went into foster care up until 18 and then a large Group Home until she was 30. I helped her get her own apartment and helped her stay in it for 6 years until her health declined and she came back to live with us. I can't speak about her family. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to. But it isn't Christian.I'll just say that some of their hate for us made Mary Anne and I cry.
    (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What precious pictures and precious memories. God is so good and I am so happy that he brought her into your life. I know you blessed her as much as she blessed you. Loss is so hard. Every time I loose someone in my life, it brings back into hard focus how fragile life is and how we should enjoy every moment with those we love. God be with you and peace to your heart. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, such precious pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us! Yes, life is so short... it seems we see how "really" valuable relationships are to us with everyone, when someone we love dies. It was neat to read more of her story with your correspondence with anonymous. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((HUGS))) and Love to you Hadassah!

      Delete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))