Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Fifteen woke up to rejoice in His name, and then there were fourteen left behind thanking and praising Him .

                       Our Mary Ann (above) at the lake, 2011.
                  I made her sweatshirt. It says "Camping Woman".

Inside the bunkhouse 2014. It was very cold outside, but very warm inside.:o)

 Always the ever watchful Mary Ann. (2014) Julius is dancing as she makes sure no one gets hurt. :o)

Our van has 15 seats. (2014) Every seat was filled with LOVE and JOY! The gals are hard to see way in the back :o) Mary Ann's empty seat sits empty now.

2014, the year after she survived pneumonia and ARDs. She was no longer steady on her feet. She lived every day to the fullest! And each day was a GIFT from God!

Always helping the children she loved. (2011)

 We called each other "BEST buddy". At bedtime she told me "Goodnight Sweet Prince"! I told her- hey! I'm not a prince! She laughed! (2010) We teased each other constantly! Same old jokes over and over! It never got old. Everyday was better than the last.

She modeled prayer shawls for me to sell for the boy's adoptions. She loved the boys. She called them the babies. Moses was her favorite. They had a special friendship. (2012) This was taken in her bedroom.

 So many silly sweet faces, she was crazy! The best kind of crazy ever! (2011) She liked it when we told her she was a "Wild woman"!!

We went to Taste of Home here, in WI in 2005.
We also toured the Jelly Belly factory in WI.
Not shown in this picture- Tom, Isaiah (18 months) and our gal SP. A dear friend Kathy invited us to come. My lovely post pregnancy body at age 48 1/2!! (Mary Ann was 48 1/2 too)

 Last summer (2016) in her camping trailer she shared with SP. Oh what a glorious absolutely wonderful time we had at the Lodge. She loved it. We loved it. It was the best time ever! Even though she won't be back to see the finished living quarters this year, we'll celebrate in her memory. It was all built to accommodate her.

 I made her an alzheimers sensory blanket this year. She loved it!

                Yes my sweet LOVE, I miss you so much I ache.

Here it's 2012, meeting the first two boys- Pauly and Julius.
At her Senior Center she made me a key chain for them. It hangs by my computer, it says Judith and Pual in beads. She forgot Julius' name. :o) She loved doing crafts there!

I can't sort my thoughts. I can't sum this up into a post. I can't write what I feel because it is a mix of JOY, sadness, LOVE, anguish, and most of all loneliness. Feelings- coming and going. We were both so incredibly ill this winter I thought it would be me, not her.

Samson and the boys are waiting for her to come home.

July 17, 1987 Mary Ann stole my heart and forever changed my life for the better. That was 29 years and 9 months ago. We were both 30 years old. We lived like twins. We were the same age, we both turned 60 this year. She shared her life with me and I shared mine with her. I don't know how to be 60 without her.

She was afraid to die. The Lord knew this and she died incredibly peaceful. She never suffered a serious illness her entire life other than her last bout of pneumonia. She lived a beautiful life! Praise God. I have been INCREDIBLY BLESSED to have been part of it. I am so undeserving.

27 comments:

  1. Elizabeth and family...I am sorry sorry for your great loss. I have checked in occasionally and was happy to see a new post but saddened when I read it. What a wonderful family life Mary Ann had with you.
    I am sorry.
    Laurie MacDonald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Laurie. Thank you so much. ((((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry to hear of the loss in your family. Mary Ann sounds like she was a wonderful woman. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. Your love for her shines through in all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking about you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have my sympathy in the loss of Mary Ann. She was blessed to have had a home with you and you were blessed by her presence. She will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Elizabeth...A long, big, hug from me. I am so very, very sorry for you and your families loss. There are no words. I know how you all loved her. How she was such a HUGE part of the family. I feel like I knew her though you and your posts about your family. How we prayed though her illness a while back. How God healed her and granted her more time with you all. How well she looked on vacation this past year. I will be praying for you all. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. My love and prayers go out to you all. God be with you and bring peace to your heart. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am crying and sad with you, Elizabeth, knowing how much you will miss Mary Ann. I loved her from a long distance away and am eager to meet her when I get to heaven. (((gentle hug)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth--I have followed your blog for years and am heartbroken over the loss of Mary Ann. I hope your family is able to find peace. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sadness and love for Mary Anne really shine through your writing. She had a great life with you and your family, please accept my sympathy for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sad to stumble upon this today. Know that her last 30 years were filled with love and adventures, and that she was so filled with happiness, and most of that is due to you and your family. RIP MA, I enjoyed hearing stories about you for many years xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sad to see this tonight. You will certainly be in my prayers when I log off when I am done writing this to you and go to bed. I cannot even guess how much you miss and love her. I am happy you had such a life with her as a sister in the Lord and more. I'm glad we will all see her again one day, I know that day can't come soon enough for you though. : ( What a precious life. I will miss her dear face. I wish I could give you a hug, we never have enough time with those we love so dear. I love you and I'm so sorry you are hurting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Hadassah (((HUG)))

      Delete
    2. Today I'm praying for your kids. How heartbroken they must be too. Those precious hearts who love so much. : (

      Delete
  13. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will miss seeing her face on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still thinking and praying for you all. Bless you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hadassah I'm trying hard to get a new routine. It's so hard. (((HUGS))) Thank You!

      Delete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))