Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Learning to Love

 Our school time includes pretend play. The boys and Mercy do not understand "pretending". They never dared pretend after years of rejection and isolation.
These are our puppet family- mom, dad, children. They act out silly stories. Moses likes to "help".

 He's so proud of himself when he joins in. But he doesn't like us to make a big deal out of it. ;o)

Sometimes he has to further inspect his puppet. :o)

 With his apraxia it is very hard for him to try to make sounds for a word. He tries so hard. I know one day he will form a word. Anything he sets his mind to he does!

He understands so many signs and copies them if we sign to him. But he really wants to "talk" with his voice. He's rejected attempts at using any device to speak for him. His favorite toys "talk" to him. He doesn't like adaptive speech devices talking "to him." In time hopefully he'll see he can use an electronic device to talk to us.

 He works so hard on his school work. He doesn't get bored easily and he picks his activities himself.

 He's so proud of his learning! We are always amazed by how quickly he learns. He does not get bored easily, and he works longer than the other boys, who eventually wander off.
He wants to do more than dress himself, set the table and clean up toys.
He paints with fingers and brushes. He draws and colors. He loves sparkly glue. He's such a joy to teach!
His brothers and Mercy let him be, they don't join in. He doesn't mind- more for him!

At the end of everyday, Kitty faithfully reads them a Berenstein story. She sits at the end of their bunk beds. They love it!

About a month ago I felt a little hand stroke my arm, gently and lovingly. And then a fuzzy little head rubbed my arm. I looked down to see Moses showing me he loved me. My eyes welled with tears, I was so honored that he loves me.

For 3, 5 and 6 years I have tried hard to earn his, Mercy's and his brother's love. I have loved them regardless. They have been wounded deeply by those they first loved.

And then seemingly out of the blue, Moses, the smallest (but not youngest) returns my affections in his own beautiful gesture.

Wow. no words. only emotions.
Praising God that a little boy 12 years old loves me, his Mom. And he really loves me from the depths of his soul. I am blessed!

As usual Moses doesn't like lots of attention for this. I scoop him up with kisses and hugs after he strokes my arm. He's slightly inconvenienced! But not enough that he will stop repeating his loving gestures.

I was incredibly honored that he told me he loved me first. Everyone was slightly jealous when they saw him! Since his orphanage days, women have never been at the top of his list. He loves men- he is a man! LOL! He was overjoyed learning manly things from Dad and Isaiah! We call him "tough guy"!

I am now reminded that by being with my boys and Mercy, they are doing more than just watching! They are thinking, learning every day.
This month Moses has gone on to tell Kitty, Lysa, Faith, Isaiah and Dad with his gestures, that he loves them too.
Our cup overflows! Praise God!

To everyone who helped fund bringing Moses and his brothers home, we never forget. You gave them a life. You gave them hope. You gave us joy! God Bless you always!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I am so happy for you! I love the picture of Moses with the big smile on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Your boys seem to be doing so well. They are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how this touched my heart! Beauty from ashes and the faithfulness of our amazing God. All the Glory to Him forever and ever Amen!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))