Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Sunday, January 15, 2017

My sweet Love (friend) MA"

I saw a DIY blog that had a post about "Busy Blankets" for people with dementia and alzheimers. I knew MA would love a "Busy Blanket".

I was intrigued, I was wanting to make her one; but I am so short on time. I felt I just couldn't make one for sweet MA's birthday.

I looked to buy one. Most of the "busy Blankets" on etsy looked cluttered to me. Too much on them. Most were made of cotton quilting fabric. Not very soft. But then I saw the DIY post was using fleece! That would cut my time tremendously! I thought I just had to give it a try. Later the blog owner told me she'd gotten the fleece idea from another DIY blog friend.

If you are interested, I am going to post how I made my "Busy Blanket" on my other blog- Uncontainable Joy. Just click on the photo of the boys at the top of this blog.

I had to make her blanket pink because that is MA's favorite color! :o)

MA and I will both be 60. Her 60th was in December, mine is in the Spring. We have loved each other dearly for 30 years. I think of David and Jonathan when I think of our friendship. I love her more than a sister. We are not related by blood. I've shared everything about my life with her these 30 years.

She really liked the blanket!
So often she gets easily distracted by a loose thread or a clothing label. So I sprinkled just enough trinkets on the blanket to keep her busy!
Her favorite part is the scalloped edge, of the one unfinished edge! I ran out of pink to go all the way around. I scalloped all the edges with my olfa.
I also put a "tag" on it and wrote my name there so she can see that it's from me. She forgets. :o)

Everyday is a gift from God that she is here with us. A virus' or illness could sweep her away quickly. She's not physically strong. Years ago people with Down Syndrome who were elderly and had frail health did not live this long. I can't imagine my life here without her.
I Thank God for her!

5 comments:

  1. What a dear and blessed relationship you have with her. I am so happy for you two... so few have such a dear relationship. Bless you both. I'm sure she just loves her blanket. I'll have to go look at the pattern now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I'm pleased you found Kathy at Petticoat Junktion and mine at The Interior Frugalista busy blankets inspiring and I'm even more pleased that your dear friend MA loves her blanket. The main reason I wrote a post about the busy blanket I made for Mom was to inspire others to do the same for their loved ones and so seeing your post makes me VERY happy. Sending hugs to both you and MA! ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I love it and will have to look at how you made it! Sorry to be so late in writing. Since blogger moved everything around I could not find my blog list. And it is not up top to remind me to check all the blogs for new posts. Found it now! MA looks really great by the way. I remember how sick she was a few years ago and how frail she looked for a long time after ward. She really looks so good! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))