Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Cuteness continues

This morning as MA was sitting in her wheelchair waiting for the Senior Center van. She noticed a stack of scarves I had completed sewing, on the table. The teens had not put them away yet. These above are waiting to be sewn. (I wrote about my scarf making on the other blog.)

While no one was looking, MA scooped the new fleece scarves into her arms and sat in her wheelchair holding them. You see she thought "they" were her Busy Blanket I made her! It was so cute. We had to tell her they weren't hers.

After MA puts her Busy Blanket down to eat, use the bathroom or go to bed, it stays in her living room chair. And every single time she returns to it she asks "What's this?" :o) And she loves it like it's new again!
She is so cute, her heart is so pure (even if a few curse words slip out). Oh how I Love her!

Then there's THIS Princessa!
Oh my she makes my heart melt. My beautiful daughter. A Gift from God.
This is how she hides when we are taking pictures. We wish she would like her picture taken..............she doesn't.

Recently she "found" that if you pull your ears hard enough- they will bleed, and are possibly removable. :o(
We scrambled to stop this quickly. After brainstorming we decided to try wrestler's ear protectors.
(above she's telling Isaiah "no pictures" in her non-verbal way)

 At first she fought wearing the ear protectors. It's tricky choosing your battles with her. I really do respect her opinion. But ears must stay on heads. They are just too cute not to.

And so she loves them now and wears them willingly. Our prayer is that she will grow out of this new obsession, as she has with other obsessions. Unfortunately new obsessions start. And altho we can live with some of them, the self injurious ones are non-negotiable.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute with MA and the scarves. What a blessing she is... I can see. What an absolutely gorgeous picture of Mercy. So relaxed and those eyes...its like you can see into her soul. She is precious. Bless Mercy's heart. We have had to deal with many self injurious behaviors over the years and they are all hard. That one is terrible. I have never had that one come up. I will be praying about it. That she will stop. Sweet baby. Much love and many blessings from me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))