Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

New bedrooms and Vacations!

I showed you the triple bunk beds that my Son in Love Dan made for us in the post below. We needed special sizes. The new bunks are 17" shorter and 7" narrower than regular bunks. They'll save a lot of space.

Because of that we can use our biggest bedroom to put the bunks side by side. The largest upstairs bedroom was once a living room when our house was a Duplex many years ago. (our house was built in the 1859)

Isaiah, Jacob, Julius and Pauly share that big room now. Isaiah will move out and into Samson, Moses and Noah's small bedroom. The small bedroom was a kitchen when our house was a Duplex!

Isaiah is getting the new white loft bed above. We'll set his desk and book shelves underneath. He will have the small bedroom all to himself at night. During the day the boys will still play in there. :o)

When the 6 boys move into the new bunks in the big bedroom, They'll have room for their tables and chairs and toys too, all in one room. It will be set up simple, so they can pick it up easily.

We'll have the beds up July 4th. And then I need to paint the bedroom walls! Walls that are very worn from 6 little people over the last 3-5 years! After painting- the fun starts- personalizing their new rooms!

Hopefully I'll have a lot of this done before we leave for Camp Uffda! Our vaca property. We have set aside 44 days to stay up this year!!

 The trees are so beautiful up there. Lots of pines and Tamaracks. The tamaracks are my favorite tree, they turn yellow in the fall, the only "pine" to do this.

We are farther from the tiny City of 500 nearby. But still close enough for MA and SP to go shopping and out to eat! :o)

We have electric now! Woo-Hoo! A huge yard light. Lights all around the building. The refridge, freezer and dryer are now plugged in! But no water yet. Maybe next year. We have to sort through everything and set it up. We will be able to come up in the winter now too. We have electric heat installed in our living area of the building and of course the trailers are heated.

We have been scaling back and selling a lot things we don't need. We were slightly disappointed that we received so little for our efforts.

Until I re-thought about what Paul said in Philippians 4:11-
"11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[b] who strengthens me."

You see if our things hadn't sold, we would have given them away to the Salvation Army. And that would have made us happy as well. So it was curious as to why getting 1/4 of the value of the things we sold distressed us so. 
Until I used Philippians 4 to search my heart.

We came through REJOICING and PRAISING Him. Had He not blessed us with the ability to pay for these things years earlier? Then this is all we need now. And if we need more we'll follow Matthew 7-

As in Matthew 7: 8-
 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"

To those who ask Him!! PRAISE God!! We are INCREDIBLY BLESSED!!

I'll be taking my laptop on vacation to share the JOYs of our time in the woods! :o)
Our cup OVERFLOWS!! PRAISE God!!

p.s. If I could ask you kindly, PLEASE read this about Mercy House and help them if the Lord leads you to do so!
http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=21a42dc68121b7077ca4b8ff0&id=75bb486984

3 comments:

  1. Nice bed!! Can't wait to see the room done. I'm glad you get a nice long vacation. That'll be fun. I'm sorry G has to move. I was really hoping they'd work something out. Hugs and Prayers! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much excitement! New beds and sleeping arrangements! And your wonderful yearly stay at Camp! I love rearranging, painting and freshening up our home when I feel motivated to do so. Usually, when I feel I could make things more functional or give us more space! God is so good. Looking forward to seeing the rooms set up and done and hear about your wonderful trip as it unfolds this year! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))