Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Getting old enough for young people to wonder.........................


Adding a little girl was going to be our last "hurrah!". The ending to our adoptions. And it was Tom's idea. When he was in Bulgaria, he fell in love with many little girls there. It was his dream to bring one home. To be her Daddy.

I had my 5 little bumpkins and I was over the moon happy! But I would have also embraced a little girl from Bulgaria.

In the meantime we were contacted by an agency with a baby due to be born with Down Syndrome. A girl! We were so excited.
But when she was born a week early, she did not have DS. We were crushed.

We took a break and told our adoption agency we'd take a break and resume in Spring. (This was also while a grown child we raised had called Social Services on us.) We had a lot of emotions to work through.
Early March before we called them, our adoption agency called about OUR daughter. Miss Mercy. It didn't "feel" as exciting as we expected it to. This was a "desperate" placement. Thank goodness I refuse to go by my "feelings"!

And then it was such a long ordeal - months before our State believed we could care for all her many needs, and allowed her to stay. But God knew before she was even born- who her forever mommy and daddy would be!

Tom was a little sad to lose his dream. And Mercy was not as excited to see us as we were. But of course he sees now, he is her Daddy. That was 3 years ago last March.

This is my sweet LOVE waking up. I wouldn't trade any sleepless night with her for a different daughter. She needed us. We needed her.

The other day I was having a meeting with my favorite DC. (a person I pay to keep our Group Home paperwork compliant with the State) We were discussing MA and Sp's health. My DC is young, her children are under 3. As I age everyone gets younger! LOL!
She looked at me and asked "Are you still going to do this after MA and SP are gone?"

I should not have been surprised. But I was.

Since Mercy, CC and G, have come; we see the great need for a new kind of group home client. I hate to think of children living in Group Homes, but it is a fact today. And where better than where there is a mom and dad figure instead of "staff".

 In a time when people don't have time for children like these- we do. After so much experience and God given wisdom, why would we waste it? Prayers are always answered as God knows/does best. Would this be my choosing? Probably not. It's hard work, I'm human, I like to relax! :o) But I eagerly seek Him to answer His call. Knowing He does the really hard stuff for us! And He gives strength beyond our imaginations.

This is not something we "do", it's not a "job". This is how we live.

And I can't think of a bigger blessing! Lord willing we will live like this until He tells to stop! How will we know when He is done with us? Through daily prayers,  through daily walking hand in hand with Him! He never forsakes us!
PRAISE God!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a precious sweet daughter. You are very blessed. God always knows what He is doing and His plans are perfect. May God give you and Tom the health and strength to do what is required and you are called to do. Praise God for all the help in both yours and my home! From God to our older children in our homes. God bless them all. God be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to be reading your blog. My wife, Laura, and I have enjoyed caring for young Lenore recently. The fact is though, this is only temporary, and circumstances could change very quickly. Laura and I have only casually considered foster care as you have done. I don't know that we have it in us to care for DS as well as you have, but the more I read, the more I consider it possible.

    Bravo Zulu and keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to "meet" you Eric. Thank You for commenting! God Bless you!
      Our favorite Physician's assistant that our children have seen for over 25 years once quoted to us~
      Matthew 9:35-38, Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.[a] 36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary[b] and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
      I think it speaks volumes! You will love doing this!

      Delete
  3. It's somewhat of a Protestant tradition to imagine that Catholics do not read the Bible. But of course we do read it, and we also cling to our favorite verses.

    For me, when Laura and I were getting married, I was un-employed, and we've been struggling financially just about every year that I can remember.

    The wisdom of the world therefore had advised against our marriage. Now 26 years later, the fruit of our marriage is more obvious.

    Laura has actually had 10 pregnancies, one was a mis-carriage that went quickly, but we also has a stillborn that was 32 weeks old. And as far as we could tell, little Thomas was Down's Syndrome. He had the classic simian crease, there were calcifications on his spine, and other 'evidence'.

    Do you think we were advised by many to abort? of course we were! However, that just wasn't something Catholics do. And then Thomas was still born, leaving the descision entirely in our Blessed Lord's hands. And again - I just doubt I was prepared to care for him as I should when I was that age. Maybe I'm better prepared today.

    So the promise I've always heald to was from Saint Matthew 6:24 - I had insisted it be read during our wedding:

    St Matt 6:24

    No man can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one, and love the other: or he will sustain the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. 25 Therefore I say to you, be not solicitous for your life, what you shall eat, nor for your body, what you shall put on. Is not the life more than the meat: and the body more than the raiment? 26 Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they? 27 And which of you by taking thought, can add to his stature one cubit? 28 And for raiment why are you solicitous? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they labour not, neither do they spin. 29 But I say to you, that not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these. 30 And if the grass of the field, which is to day, and to morrow is cast into the oven, God doth so clothe: how much more you, O ye of little faith? 31 Be not solicitous therefore, saying: What shall we eat: or what shall we drink, or wherewith shall we be clothed? 32 For after all these things do the heathens seek. For your Father knoweth that you have need of all these things. 33 Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Be not therefore solicitous for to morrow; for the morrow will be solicitous for itself. Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness Eric, one of my very Dearest Dearest of heart friends (Dr Elizabeth) now in Heaven was a devout Catholic. (as well as the Physician's Assistant I quoted above!) We shared bible verses always!!
    When I was 16 we moved to this very Catholic area, our Irish last name made us welcome, but alas we were Protestant. Only my Paternal Grandmother went to Church after she retired from owning a Grocery store! I raised myself Protestant at age 9, my parents did not follow God. I am now since age 22 a follower of the Church of Christ. (Non-denominational) Of course our motley (and very lovable) crew worship with an on-line congregation so that they can make noises as we Worship!
    I would never assume that anyone who loves God does not read the bible.:o)
    I'm so sorry for your losses. I have 3 girls in heaven. One was my first born who died at age 28 in a car accident. Her 2 daughter's survived. My "surprise" baby Isaiah was only 6 months old when she died.She had held him. He's 12 now. I was 47. I asked God- why take her, and give me this baby I do not even know. My thinking was filled/over-whelmed with grief. One day when he was 3 I laid on her grave site to be "with" her and Isaiah climbed on my back and lay on top of me! I cried till I laughed! The Lord speaks volumes.During his pregnancy we both nearly died. God is good!
    I love the verses you shared. I love how His word is Living and how He gives His Living Word to us all that we would share, and it blesses me today that you shared that! Thank You! Thank You for your wonderful comments!
    I am constantly humbled by His goodness!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))