Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Friday, February 12, 2016

Happy Birthday Love Bug!

                                       (photos by Isaiah)
My Dearest Mosie,
How can I put into words how much I LOVE you, and how blessed I am to be YOUR- yes!! YOUR Mommy. Please know I never take this for granted. And I Thank God for you every day! It is only by His Blessing you are with us!

This month you turned 11 years old. You are only 1 year younger than your big brother Isaiah. And you are 1 month older than your much taller/heavier brother Jacob! :o)

You LOVE boy stuff. But you've lived so long without (7 1/2 years)that some things (toys) are just too big or too much for you. So when I saw this Mosie sized race car track, I knew you'd love it for your Birthday!

And you do love playing with it, watching it, caring for it. You love the little plastic box we keep it in and you learned how to open it to look inside and peek at it often! You place your little glow in the dark fast cars on your dresser when you go to bed. Your big brother Isaiah who adores you; helps you put everything exactly the way you want it. In return you've learned to trust him with these things.

 You love having responsibility and helping us all. You understand so much more than we ever thought you could!

You can completely feed yourself now. Your tiny little hands that could not wrap around Daddy's finger when you were 7; are now big and strong enough to hold a spoon. Your big sisters and Isaiah complain about your "mess" until I remind them that they too made messes when they first fed themselves!

 (Here you are in the middle of the race track. Enjoying Isaiah's creativity and putting back cars that fall off.)
Nothing happens around here without you watching, you noticing!

 We didn't have to have a fancy dinner to celebrate your Birthday! You don't enjoy any "special" foods, you enjoy all healthy foods. You eat gluten free, and nothing processed, with lots of good fats.

You prefer fruit to Birthday cake. So to celebrate we sang lots of Happy Birthday!! And you had a banana with Heavy Whipping Cream. (no sugar, mom doesn't believe in sweeteners except teensy bits of raw honey/maple syrup. :o) Of course if you had wanted cake we would have made it for your birthday, after all it only comes once a year!

 We said/say prayers for your birth family, because we are Thankful to them for you! You don't understand but I know your heart can feel the LOVE we have for them and you!

Your biggest frustration is that you cannot talk. You really really want to talk. You have your adaptive speech "Go Talk" but you think its weird and useless and you have so much more to say. So you get in our faces and make "ack" sounds to get our attention. Sometimes you manage a "Da-Da" and you get very excited! But as soon as its there its gone. It doesn't help that your 4 other brothers will not ask you to "speak". You love sign language and understand a lot of it, but you refuse to sign.

That stubbornness is how you survived. We respect it, we work with it. After seeing how much you can do now, I know that in the future you will figure this out too! You are incredible and I believe in you!

You hate being picked up to be moved away from danger or trouble. So you've learned quickly to watch and listen and you remove/move yourself. You love this new control. You hate being small enough to be lifted up or moved!! We respect that and make sure to only help you! ;o)

There isn't a day that I don't mentally Thank (in prayer) ALL of the wonderful people who helped contribute to bring you home. I know if you understood you'd Thank them too. Because your heart is much bigger than your little body!

I can't remember you ever being anywhere else. I can't remember a life before you. Each year you give us more than we could ever give you. You are amazing! Absolutely amazing! And there are no words to express the amount of LOVE I have for you.
I LOVE you my precious son. Thank You for LOVING me/us.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made!

3 comments:

  1. Happy!! Happy!! Birthday!! Sweet Mosie!!! My he is getting so mature looking. Amazing the progress and growth in him and all his siblings. They are all such sweet souls. I think of you all daily and pray for you all. God is so good. The amazing blessings in our lives with these children. What a life! And where did you find that track! I love it! Give the birthday boy a hug from me here in Georgia! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a sweet, sweet post about a sweet, sweet boy. Happy Birthday Mosie!. I loved cars with tracks when I was a kid too. I didn't like dolls. ; )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))