Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Monday, July 13, 2015

Twinkle twinkle little star............

How I wonder what you are............

 Up above the world so high................

 Like a diamond in the sky............

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are.

A while back I was told by an anonymous person that I can't talk about my sweet Merc (pronounced Mers with a soft s) on my blog. Not true. We have full legal custody. She is not in foster care. She has never been in foster care. She is our child, our beautiful daughter.

We were getting ready to take her to the Dr when we took these pictures. She was not happy. :o) Altho even when she is happy she tells us no pictures. :o) 

Her toy in front of her is a musical Minnie that hangs on her bed. She loves toys that play musical lullabies. I wish they made more of them.
That afternoon she ran into the sun setter awning on our deck and hit her cheek. She loves to run, but doesn't look. Often she falls onto a brother in the way. We are working on this! 

Merc is non-verbal so we "read" her body language to give her what she wants from us. Sometimes we never know what it is. Or we think we figure it out and we don't. We look at each other and shrug in frustration. And poor Mercy cries in frustration. She is almost 8 so it is a loud cry! ;o) Think of a baby cry coming out of 8 year old lungs.

My biggest solace on rough days is taking a hot bath. Well, until Merc joined us 2 1/2 years ago!! If she is in bed, either at nap time or bed time, no matter what time of day or night. If in bed, she screams as soon as I run the water for my bath. 

If she is playing and awake and I take a bath she just runs back and forth to the door very quietly. No fuss. She just wishes the door was open! She is curious! 

I wish I knew why she screams/yells about it when in bed?

The funny thing is that no one- not even me!! Can even hear the water running in the bathroom from that distance??!! Especially with the door shut! So that has ended my taking a bath any time she is in her bed.

And that's o.k. because she is more important, even when I don't understand. And when she's grown- Lord willing ;o) I can resume my late night baths!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful child she is. Is she taller than all the boys? She always looks bigger than they are in the pictures you post. My "T" screams for no reason off and on all day and tantrums as well. It is loud and I am finally getting used to it. He also runs into people and things full speed and falls off chairs and things easily. We have been trying to get him PT for a year and a half and I think he will finally start next month. I pray it helps. She is precious! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! She is a lot taller than the boys!! Altho she is showing average height for her age on the charts. Kids with Sotos tend to be much taller but she is only "bigger" in things like head size, length of legs. Kids with Sotos do tend to slow their growth as they mature. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))