Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

If there's a will there's a way!

Mr Noah 10 yrs old walking with his new gait trainer. 

Due to O*b*am*a care changes in our health insurance. PT has not been an option any longer. We have to "choose" a new plan- we are not allowed to keep our current plan that we love. Also we do not qualify for many plans that we can afford due to income and family size. Sorry, don't want to talk politics here- but this really stinks.

                                Mr Noah looking around as he "walks". :o)

                                        "Hi! Dad! I see you taking pictures!"

 Noah does not always remember "how" to "pull" forward with the gait trainer. He likes to walk along walls and furniture on his own and does a great job.
One morning he even crawled out of bed under his bed rail at 5 a.m. and then proceeded to crawl down 2 flights of stairs to find Dad. 

But he is afraid to balance and stand on his own. He won't take one step. Which may be his vision.

Yes! Noah! You are so handsome! I've mentioned on here how he hates having his hair cut and he refuses a trim! So his hair grew quite long!
 
                                                    Pull!! Noah!

" Hmmm... I wonder if I go that way can I reach what's on the counter??"

Two months later Noah fully cooperated and loved getting his hair cut with the electric clippers!! Big boy Noah!!

Noah is the sweetest, most loving, caring boy. We are BLESSED beyond measure having him in our lives!! He's easy going and eager to please. We Thank God that He chose us to be his mamma and pappa!

However, Noah misses his Country. He misses everything he once knew. After 18 months here, this is still new and sometimes overwhelming to him. He also remembers things that haunt him and make him cry. Those times are hard because we have no words to help him. We hug him, but at those times he'd rather be alone in his bed. Which we hate to do. But he seems to need that alone time to heal so he can be with us again. We cry with him. It hurts to see him sad when his personality is JOY not sadness.

I had some problems blogging this past week. I realized downloading go*og*le chrome was the only way I could post! And so I am back! LOL!!
(((HUGS))) and prayers to ALL! We LOVE you!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How he's grown and changed! Sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing this, he looks amazing!!! Way to go Noah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, has Noah grown! And such a strong boy to keep working with his new gait trainer.
    Glad to see your recent posts. Praying for your vision to be restored. That must have been scary for you.
    I haven't forgotten you, Dear Friends. You're ever near in my thoughts and prayers. Tell ALL the family "hi" from Texas! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my beautiful boy :) love him so much and so happy to see him trying to walk, he use to hold my hand and walk in the orphanage, love his hair he looks so handsome lots of love from donna xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know he misses you Donna! (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  5. This is perhaps a totally ignorant question, but is that gait trainer backwards? The ones I am accustomed to seeing at work are more like walkers. The user walks behind & pushes instead of walking in front and pulling. I am "only" a TA so I certainly know very little. I am merely curious and ignorant. Please enlighten me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! (((HUGS))) this one has the pink handles where his hands are- If he were to turn around and use it the opposite way there'd be a huge gap between him and the front!! This gait trainer trails behind him as he walks! :o) I had thought walkers- were pushed, gait trainers- pulled. But I could be wrong!! Love you Esther!

      Delete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))