Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Welcome Readers from GOMI

I'd like to clarify a few things for my precious GOMI readers.
Yes God says we are ALL precious in His sight. It says that in the Bible.

Your postings about us on GOMI have been less than truthful.

Tom and I are 59 and 56 years old. We aren't older- we're old. We have no problem being old. We have raised children for 37 1/2 years. Children with and without disabilities. WE ARE QUALIFIED. We have training in Foster Care, Waivered Services, Disabilities, Developmental Delays..........and I could go on and on. We have done Child foster care, Adoption, Adult foster Care, Waivered Services, sheltered un-wed birthmoms, to name a few of the services we've provided with County, State and Federal licenses. We've worked with non-profit agencies as well. We work under the supervision of Social Workers and Case Managers.

We are not "religiously driven". We are members of the Church of Christ a non-denomination church that does not follow religion, but follows the Bible. We express our beliefs. We follow Christ. We are led. Not driven. Yes, there is a difference. I imagine you have your own beliefs as well. Did I attack them?

We have adopted 7 children with Down Syndrome- but one may have been misdiagnosed.

We have 15 people in our teensy house, not 14.

We do not do OT/PT we have hired professionals who come into our home. Since they don't live here, we do things as well for our children to educate them and help them learn. Teaching adaptive living skills through Homeschool as well as using curriculum. I am a trained Adaptive Living Skills teacher for the Adults in our group home as well.

I can legally post pictures of my daughter that we have custody of. I only share medical conditions of my children that my readers can use or relate to. My children have many medical conditions that I will never post about to protect their privacy. My daughter was here for months before I posted a picture, or told anyone.

I find calling us and our precious children "assorted people" rude. First you come off as caring about the children's privacy/identity/adoption etc and then you call them "assorted people"?

You also mentioned this- and I quote~
{For a taste of how aware of adoption issues they are, a recent quote about their 18 year old's birthday says the child's "growth was affected by his heart, he is 4' 11" and 130 pounds of muscle. That muscle due to his black heritage has meant he has had very little hypotonia."}

Obviously the poster is unaware of adoption issues. Because my son's heart condition, lack of hypotonia, his stature or his heritage has anything to do with adoption. If he was our birth son his prognosis would be the same. And his heritage is what it is. Are you racist?

So now that I've become really popular attracting a lot of attention on your website I just wanted to give you the facts. And since I could not do so directly to you, I knew you'd be anxious to come here and read more about our spectacular family and beautiful life. So since you are all coming to see me here, I can respond to you here!

Remember, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
In Christian Love,
you know who we are ;o)

15 comments:

  1. LOVE to see you standing up fighting for your kids. It makes me ANGRY when people run their mouth about something they really know nothing about. Grrrrrrrr. Get 'em mamma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I already love ya! Sorry you have to deal with these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Sweetie!! :o)
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. Some people have too much spare time & wacky priorities. I am grateful that you so generously share your time, talent, and treasure with so many people - your biological own, your lovingly adopted own, your own-in-heart (guardianship of M.A.), strangers like me. The list just goes on & on. You are richly blessed. Better yet, you share the blessings instead of hoarding. You just ROCK! Esther in RI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Esther I love you!! (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. Much love, my friend. You are a very special family. I'm so glad that you've chosen to share them with us via your blog. Sorry you have to put up with this. You're in my prayers,
    Karen g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Karen! You are always in our thoughts and prayers! (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  5. OK - I had no idea what GOMI was. So I goggled it. It took me about 3 minutes to find what you were referring to. All I can say is, seriously?? People actually have a site to "snark" about what other people are doing with their lives? They need to get their own lives and leave yours alone!

    You have really been dragging me out of lurkdom with your posts lately!
    Sue in NY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to ask what GOMI was but the comment above helps me to figure it out. PLEASE don't let them get to you. I have learned a lot from reading your blog. You are not old, you are experienced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "People actually have a site to "snark" about what other people are doing with their lives? They need to get their own lives and leave yours alone!"

    Amen to this. Unfortunately people love to spend time criticizing people who do things they don't want to do (or to understand). You are following what God calls you to do and, while it brings support, it can also bring ridicule from people who don't understand God's unconditional love. Keep following Him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, I have been following your blog for quite a while now. I began following before the first two little boys came home. I had no idea that we were Christian sisters until this post! I am so excited! It delights me when I meet fellow Christians. I share your love for Christ, Children and Animals (especially dogs - I think there is a sign only dogs can see at my house that says "stop here - they will feed you, love you and treasure you, no matter what" because we always manage to attract strays). I am unable due to health to adopt children but I do try to make a difference in other ways. I will tell you what my Grandmother (who was adopted and taught me to love the orphan) always told me when I was down..."Keep your chin up, Kiddo!" Elizabeth, don't let these people get to you. God loves you and knows your heart! I will keep praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))