Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mosie's growth spurt and a new family member!

This outfit is size 18 months.
The missing shoe is somewhere in Bulgaria! LOL!!
The shoes were size 2 and fell off his feet.
I never took a picture of Mosie at 15 pounds without clothes because I just couldn't. I just couldn't look at it. I didn't want to remember. (It was hard enough finding the brain surgery scar on Jacob's nape of his neck after I cut his hair.)
So I kept some of Mosie's tiny clothes.

"Hey Dad! This is fun laying on the floor having my picture taken!"
(I know- isn't he a doll!)

                          "But Dad- there's no one in those clothes?!"
                           (And he just gets cuter!!)

                   "O.K. Dad if you say so! But I still think it's weird!!"

Next week Mosie has his orchiopexy surgery.(both sides) We had to wait until flu season was over and he was healthy enough to do it. Next Thursday is the day. Mosie does not recover easily from surgery- so prayers are much appreciated! And we pray that his bigger size will help him recover easier. This is our last surgery for the boys. (Bella Mercy needs surgery next/last.........sigh)

Hopefully Mosie will have a big growth spurt like Julius after his orchiopexy.
Although we are noticing that Julius is growing unusually tall for a child with DS. Bella Mercy is very tall with her Sotos, and Julius is catching up to her height!!! (they are the same age) Pauly also the same age is still short for his age.
Regardless of why, everybody is growing heavier and taller!! We are literally sweating lugging the non walkers around!

This is a 5 wk old puppy from a litter we are buying a puppy from! This is a purebred British Labrador.
We are getting a new Therapy/Service dog in 2 weeks! It is a girl and her name is "Mary Queen of Scots".

The British Lab founding club is in Scotland, my paternal Grandmother was Scottish, first generation American. Her sister's name was Mary. And Mary was the name of the Queen of Scotland when the British Lab Club/breed was founded! That is how I named her.
Yes, this type of dog (they evolved into what we have today) originated from Labrador Canada. (UK ruled)

American Labs are bigger and more driven. British labs are calm, quiet and all purpose. They are also shorter and smaller and sturdy. Our Queen Mary is going to be my mobility service dog and she will be the boys therapy dog.

My last Service Dog was put down because of a genetic defect in his knees. It was very sad. He was huge- 28" tall and 120 pounds, he was a Shiloh Shepherd, a gentle giant. My other Shiloh boy- Snow (now 5) is too protective of me to be my SD. He is my right arm. He is good with children but is not a "kids" dog. He doesn't play, since being trained to be an SD he doesn't even fetch! LOL! He prefers to watch the kids and let them crawl over him! Which is good because he's 27" tall and 110 pounds!

The boys have never seen a puppy! They are going to learn from scratch how to love/have a pet! Our new puppy Queen Mary will be smaller (60-70 pounds) and easier for us to go out into the community with. With 6 young special needs kids- that will be a plus.

We can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. This is the second time in as many weeks that I've heard how good a Shiloh Shepherd dog is. Hmmmm, Joshua is planning to buy a puppy to train...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))