Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The princess

To celebrate their new sister on the day we received permanent legal custody, the girls made her a crown! It says "We Love You" in duct tape and other found items! :o)
I had bought the wings and head band for a special occasion such as this. But Mercy doesn't really enjoy dressing up............yet. You see she's not used to it and she's not used to being doted on! But soon she will relish this!

Just as she was not used to having her own toys. Now she is very possessive about them. And she knows they are hers and where they are! This helps when she's naughty, I will set her toy to the side and she responds by adjusting her behavior and then I hand her back her toy. She is a quick learner! Stubborn but a quick learner!

 She is just the most beautiful little girl. I love her curiosity. I love that after all the rejection she's been through, she has such a sweet spirit!
This weekend she had her 2nd tumble down the stairs. Big sister Faith caught her. When Tom and I ran to her, she first tried to crouch down to the floor so we couldn't pick her up.

Tom got her up on his lap and I consoled her. She was ever so slightly moaning telling us she was frightened and upset. She has no words. That's why she used to scream. She no longer needs to scream- she is LOVED!
This was the first time she accepted us comforting her. Over the months she has flirted with us about accepting affection, but this time she actually let her guard down and allowed us. I cried tears of joy.
Oh how I LOVE this little princess! God brought to us a very very special little girl. I could not have chosen better myself. Thank You God for our Bella Mercy.

1 comment:

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))