Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Weary hearts

What is the hardest part of MA being sick?

Her family who only saw her 1-3X a year hates us. Yes hate is a strong word, but after 26 years it has increased not decreased.

Today was no exception. The verbal beating was painful.
Praise God!! He gave me this Psalm tonight, He attended my wounds.

Life is Short
39 I said, “I will be careful how I act
    and will not sin by what I say.
I will be careful what I say
    around wicked people.”
So I kept very quiet.
    I didn’t even say anything good,
    but I became even more upset.
I became very angry inside,
    and as I thought about it, my anger burned.
    So I spoke:
Lord, tell me when the end will come
    and how long I will live.
    Let me know how long I have.
You have given me only a short life;
    my lifetime is like nothing to you.
    Everyone’s life is only a breath. Selah
People are like shadows moving about.
    All their work is for nothing;
    they collect things but don’t know who will get them.
“So, Lord, what hope do I have?
    You are my hope.
Save me from all my sins.
    Don’t let wicked fools make fun of me.
I am quiet; I do not open my mouth,
    because you are the one who has done this.
10 Quit punishing me;
    your beating is about to kill me.
11 You correct and punish people for their sins;
    like a moth, you destroy what they love.
    Everyone’s life is only a breath. Selah
12 Lord, hear my prayer,
    and listen to my cry.
    Do not ignore my tears.
I am like a visitor with you.
    Like my ancestors, I’m only here a short time.
13 Leave me alone so I can be happy
    before I leave and am no more.” (NCV)
 
I thought I'd share in case you too need comfort from this kind of trial.
(((HUGS)))

11 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry. So very, very sorry. May the Lord God in heaven reach down to hold you in the palm of His mighty hand as you go through this time in your life. May he rise up obedient christian people to minister and encourage you daily. To bring comfort and build your strength. Ma's family must be so very lost to have such bitter and hate in their hearts. I will pray for them. Blessings upon you now and always, a big hug from Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Elizabeth,
    Thank you for that psalm. Yes, I too needed those words.

    I am very sorry you have this trial in your day. I cannot even imagine how or why someone could hate you. Envy? Yes, I could imagine envy. Guilt? Yes, I can imagine someone could feel guilt because of your boundless love. Sadness? Inadequacy? Yes, I can imagine that those feelings could also arise because of your deep well of unconditional love. But hate? That's beyond my ability to imagine.

    I continue to pray for MA's complete and speedy recovery. Such is not beyond God's power. Alas, we don't know if it's in His Plan. So we wait, pray, hope, and soon will know.

    Much love to you from Rhode Island,
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the hate stems from their own guilt Elizabeth. Guilt is a horrid thing. Perhaps they realize that they were not there for her as much as they should have been, and you were. Stay strong. You know in your heart that you spent the meaningful moments with her - the daily everyday moments. These are precious. And her family cannot take these away from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This. I know it is hard to dig yourself out and rise above the awful feeling that comes when someone dislikes you for any reason, and we obviously do not know the whole story, but I agree with Lisa. Having taken care of my own grandparents in the last years of their lives and been the "hated" relative because of it....I have experienced that jealous and guilt-induced hatred that comes from relatives who could not be bothered to spend time with the person you were taking care of--"duty" visits once or twice a year at most. When death knocks on the door, suddenly they feel guilty for taking that person for granted.

      *YOU* have been there for Ma for all of these years, and other people's guilt is not your problem. Try to stay strong and positive in the face of all the hardship you are going through, especially having to deal with Ma's family right now. *hugs*

      Delete
  4. So sorry that Ma is sick and that her family is so terrible to you.

    Praying for God's peace for you...and for Ma's health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for sweet MA. I have never met her but reading your blog over the years has given me a deep love for her. Give her a kiss on her head for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for you this morning, for your weary hearts. I have a weary heart too, sister, and the main source of my pain is coming to visit this weekend, so I am feeling the stress rise inside me, and I appreciated hearing this Psalm! May God grant you peace and release you from the burden of other people's feelings. And may He be merciful with MA and her health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be praying for Ma. So sorry she is so sick. I really cannot imagine why her family would hate you -- you give her so much care and are always there for her. It seems so sad that they don't love you for taking such good care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many prayers for your family and MA. May the Lord bless you and give you rest in your soul...for you are doing His work.

    -karen g

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth, I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I agree with earlier posts that it must be guilt. Guilt is eating away at the family, therefore, they take it out on you. I have a MIL in the nursing home. My husband and sister are her very attentive caregivers. It doesn't matter what time of the day or night or how long it takes or where they have to go, they are there. However, the other siblings just "can't see her like that" and "she just should not live that way." Well, that is out of their hands and in God's hands instead. But while she is on this earth, they will care for her and attend to her every need and want if they can at all. I am sure you have done the same for MA. You can take comfort in that. Do not let them tear you down. Hold your chin up and know that God is in control and you are His child. You have done right by your MA. My prayer is for peace for you and for her family to realize how much you have cared for her. God bless you for loving her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth, sending love and prayers for you and MA tonight. You all are so precious and I just adore you. Thank you for sharing your burden with us so we can learn from your example of turning to the Lord in all things. He is good, and He is in control!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))