Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Language

 
Our Julius and Pauly are learning sign language. They like it, it is like a game for them.

But Noah, Moses and Jacob are not interested in signing or signs. If I sign "eat" Jacob becomes very distraught and wants food. If Jacob is hungry he sucks air in his mouth making a little popping swallow sound. Noah and Moses never express hunger. They also like pictures.

Noah wants to talk. He often mimics sounds we make. If we say "hi" he makes a loud exaggerated "hi" sound. It makes you think he knows what he is saying, but he is just mimicking what he heard. Noah even sings!! One day the kids were all busy and Noah was off to the side and he started to sing! It was so cute and so sweet! I couldn't say anything or move a muscle because then he would stop. He sang for about 5 minutes. I loved it! Now how do I get him to do it again?!! LOL!

Moses "talks" by laughing or coughing. Every laugh or cough means something. Right now we only understand a few laughs! ;o) We need him to learn to make vowel and consonant sounds!

So I found this Language Tutor on Amazon! It was pretty reasonably priced, $78.00 and free shipping. The cards to it are a little more pricey on Amazon, but you can find them other places cheaper- even Zulilly right now.

Its durable and I love how the control buttons are enclosed on the bottom so Julius can't "re-set" it!! LOL!!

I was excited to find this and wanted to share! Our older boys needed someway to learn by repetition. They need to hear the words over and over. I also like that there are only 2 buttons on the front and Noah already pushes them! We haven't received the cards yet LOL!, I'll let you know how they respond to using it! Right now we are learning all of the extra functions on it like making your own cards!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi E...how are you?!!! Missing you but pray for you all the time. Let me know how you like this and if it is worth the money! We have lots of different sets of cards for signing but I have not bought this YET! Let me know if you like it or not!! LOVE you...steph
    Proverbs 24: 11- 12
    www.marianaorphanfund.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know Steph!! I got the cards for 14.99 on Zulilly, now to waaaaait! Till they get here! (((HUGS))) back! LOVE you too!

      Delete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))