Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON OUR HOUSE AND READ ABOUT THE REST OF OUR FAMILY!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Jacobs surgery

A sweet little boy.
Eight years old in 2 weeks.
He had his http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchiopexy surgery (both sides) and his circ. last Wednesday afternoon at our local hospital. The Dr told Tom he didn't think Jacob would have any pain!
Tom told the nurse "That's because the Dr has never had this surgery!"
We could tell..........it was painful.
After his Tylenol with codeine it was a blessing to see him sleep.
 He has a little halo over his head :o)
Setting him in a sleeping position is hard. He prefers to sit until he falls over in half and then sleep.
Don't mind his face and hair. :o) He was so handsome and clean pre-surgery! Afterwards, well, he was feeling just as bad as he looks here.
Using all his strength pulling himself up to stand. He did not want to smile! He has gained so much weight since he came home, I don't think his Baba could lift him now!
When anyone doesn't feel good~  big brother comes to the rescue! Jacob LOVES his brother Isaiah! And Isaiah LOVES him right back!
 A little tickling!
 Some silly sounds! A little sweet talk!
And he can forget all about his "owie" for a while!
Beautiful brothers for life, one year apart in age!
Thanking God for little boys!

6 comments:

  1. Ok - there are names I would like to call that doctor - but I won't - not out loud, anyway. How can that NOT hurt ?? And I'm not even male !! Hope Jacob is feeling all better - and I LOVE that smile !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, those last few pictures were great. I don't think I've seen a picture of Jacob smiling. He has a wonderful smile! I hope he heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad his surgery is over and now he can heal. I'm sorry he was hurting so much but it looks like the medicine worked. Tom, You're a great daddy! And Isaiah is learning from both his mother and daddy how to love and console and tend to the hurting and lonely. What a blessing that there are 5 precious boys who are no longer lonely.
    I believe this is the first time I've seen Jacob grinning and laughing.
    Praying for his quick healing. And he HAS grown a lot. Love, good food, and the security within his home will do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing how your kids interact with their "special" siblings. It makes me so happy, because they are learning to love people unconditionally--so rare. What a gift you are giving your children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful smile he has. He is a strong one to go through that and be able to smile like that!! Thankful for him (and you and Tom) that it is done!!! Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Jacob is feeling much better by now, bless his heart. And what a ridiculous thing for the doctor to say!
    So glad you all were there to comfort and care for your sweet boy. It is so beautiful to see him playing with his brother. Made my day.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))