Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentines!

This little boy watching in the hallway. My Isaiah. He's always watching me. Altho here he's watching Dad with the camera.
He amazes me with his insights. He's thinking of Mothers Day already, asking me what I might like because he noticed I gave away my last gift of candies to him and his sisters. I thought I liked them, but after a few I just didn't. Now he's worried. Now what will he get me? He's such a thoughtful boy!

He needn't worry. Everything he does for me is a gift.
He was the first this morning to give me a Valentine. A piece of notebook-lined paper. Cut ever so carefully into a heart. Saying "Happy Valentines Day Mom and I love you very much". He's a man of few words. But the words he writes are more than enough!
They are very heartfelt!
This sweet little boy, 6 months older than Isaiah, may not talk. He may not know what day it is. He may not worry or care about what I like. He may not show me "affection" other than to receive my hugs and kisses.
But he watches me too.
We had a visitor today and I needed to talk. Noah sat by my side. Always animated, he was making his many little arm and leg movements next to me. Letting out a sweet little sound here and there. While watching me as I talked. Watching me closely, intently, sitting along side me. Tom saw, he was watching Noah. Tom told me later that Noah was really studying me as I talked.
Noah is conditioned to look away if I want him to give eye contact. He is conditioned to sit with his back to me on my lap. He is conditioned to flinch and close his eyes if I come near him quickly.

So for him to sit, to watch, and be interested in my every word. Listening as I talk to another person...........is huge. He is learning who his mommy is. He wants to know me. He is learning he is a part of me, not the guest.

With his good behavior and his quiet patience. He is loving me. And he is learning to love me.

I can't make him love me.
I can give him love. I can hope he'll love me. He has to be the one to want to love me.

In his beautiful Country his Baba taught him love. Volunteers at the orphanage who noticed/cared about- him- taught/gave him love. Because these precious people loved him, he willingly accepted my love. But he did not have to love me back.

And today I am so humbled, because he does. He does choose to love his momma.
Today, was a Happy Happy Valentines Day! filled with LOVE! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to one of my favorite moms! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very sweet post :) You have so many blessings there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures and posts. Hugs and kisses for all the children xx special hugs for noahxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))