Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Monday, December 31, 2012

Mosie standing in his bed by himself!

Here he was August 2011. Very tiny. Very sick.                              

Here he is in April 2012, all 15 pounds of him. He could barely sit. He couldn't hold a toy.


And now! December 2012. Five pounds heavier, a little taller-with bigger feet! And so much stronger!

He has only been home 3 1/2 months. He is growing so fast!! Here he is in his bed standing up all by himself!! He pulled himself up! He wants to stand like everyone else!

He's incredibly smart! He knows his name. He understands so much english! He is amazing!

Not only is he standing- he's balancing against the side of his bed here! "Look Ma-no hands!" He doesn't fall!

He's still so tiny that his bed is a pack and play. The crib is way too big. We made the pak and play cozy with a pretty cover and a mattress. The kids love to change his bedding and put cute little boy patterned sheets on it. Inside is his blankie, his Elmo and a little Snoopy baby.
He turns 8 years old in one month!
He can stand in the walker and his bed now. But not anywhere else. It won't be long before he stands up in a room. I won't be surprised if he walks before Noah! Inside this tiny little body is GIANT determination! And a will to live. So sweet!

He still never cries. Not at the Drs having blood drawn, not when he doesn't get his way. He may sulk for a few seconds and then............he laughs!!

Sister Kitty comes to tell him he's a big boy! Everybody is so happy for him! He gets "shy" and smiles!
And now his reward?  He wants some kisses!

9 comments:

  1. So glad you're back. I've been missing updates on the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry :o)
      Sometimes I get in these "feel sorry for myself moods" and I just don't write, even though my heart is overflowing. I have some critics from my extended family that wear me down. I hate to even type that- they'll be pleased to know I'm affected by their criticisms.

      Delete
    2. I check every day to see what the boys are doing. I am disappointed when there is nothing new. I also know you must be a very busy Mommy and couldn't possibly get a post in everyday. Don't let the critics cheat you out of your JOY. It is them missing out, they just don't know it. Maybe one day God will open their eyes. Until then, (as my grandmother always told me) KEEP YOUR CHIN UP, KIDDO! Happy New Year!

      Delete
    3. Thank You! Your Grandma is right! "Chin up"! (((HUG)))

      Delete
  2. SO happy to see an update from you - I missed you, too !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aawww! (((HUGS))) Can't wait to see you in May!!

      Delete
  3. I love both of these new posts. Nine Years Old and Mosie standing like a big boy! Such precious pictures! I wrote a nice email to you over the holidays . . . and then for some reason my email won't let me "send". bah!
    Oh the critics! Just tonight I remembered a comment from a once like-a-sister friend who wrote one of our reference letters in our first adoption. Stinging words, and yet, all these 9 years later, I know God's work is continuing with or without her financial offering. I don't know why I remembered her comment tonight but I turned my thoughts to how blessed we are regardless, even when folks around us see it differently.
    As far as the "critics" who take delight in your sorrow, JOY comes in the Morning! May they see God's love for them, in the life you are living daily.
    This came to mind as I read your comments (second part of verse).
    Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Mosie!!! I love the photo of Kitty whispering in his ear. His expession is SO much like I see on Nathan's face....and he LOVES when big sisters take notice of him an whisper sweet words in his ears. I love how Kitty is getting this unique experience of hands-on participation in learning all about caring for kids with special needs. Like my Morgan, when they grow up, they will be well ahead of many, MANY who are training in careers to do so. Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, I missed you! Love this post! Love the photos of Kitty and Mosie!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))