Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Sunday, November 25, 2012

no higher calling than.............

to be a mom.

My parents wanted me to be "something". My father found me to be frivolous because I leaned towards the arts. My art teacher told me to marry a rich man~ to support my art. ;o)

I am the income earner. I married a man, who wanted to be a father. Income provided by work provided by God. Not the person who's name is on the pay check.

And I really just wanted to be a mom. This was before I became a Christian at 22.

I was told I'd never have children at age 16. So I always knew we'd adopt.

But adopt special needs children? I had no clue how special needs children even came about!! When I was young these children were hidden or institutionalized.

Today I give God the Glory for teaching us ALL about adoption. For showing us that we are ALL adopted, by Him. Sinners, Liars, alcoholics, the list could go on and on. It isn't pretty and none of us are perfect. And yet God LOVES us with a LOVE like no other and adopted us as His own. and He treats us like Kings and Queens! Not the sinners we are.

He gave me my hearts desire. Many children. But they are not my children! They are His!

I Thank God for His willingness to share His children with me. And His great LOVE for them (and me); creates in my heart a desire, for me to do everything in my ability, to point them back to Him as long as I'm here.

Just as Sarah laughed when Isaac was conceived. I laugh as I watch the children He chose to share with me!

Giving God the Glory!

4 comments:

  1. You are such a beautiful couple, with such an amazing testimony and precious family. Thank you for giving God glory, He uses you to encourage many others.

    (())

    Holly J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Holly. Thank You so much. We try. By the grace of God! :o)
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. I was just telling my husband today (in the car on the long drive back from his folks' house for the Thanksgiving weekend) how much I love your blog, and how much it grows me. And I wondered aloud how you and your husband started specifically ministering to/loving on Down Syndrome people. When did you start to care for adults with DS? Can you share how you care for the adults (just logistically--do they live with you, like MA) while caring for your kids? How did God lead you to each of the adoptions you have had? I have only been reading your blog since you were bringing home the last three, so feel like I am coming into a wonderful long-running TV show but don't know how it all started, so miss out on understanding some of the significance of things. Of course, if you have already shared these things in your blog, you can just point me to those posts. : ) If you do decide to share more of the road you walked to get to this place, I am surely not the only one who wants to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. I will look back and see if I wrote how we started. :o)
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))