Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Friday, November 2, 2012

God's Princess

I have a bad cold. ugh.
The stress of finding Jacob's brain surgery scar and the rush to figure things out for him. Just slammed me to the floor. I grieved heavily over this and now, the stress takes its toll. This is not a good time to be sick with a baby coming.

Baby? Did I say Baby? (I pinch myself over and over, YES BABY!!)

Oct. 2 our Social Worker was coming to see our 3 boys and start our new Home Study. We were exhausted, but excited to get our next Home Study started. The 3 boys had been home 2 weeks and we were still working on our new normal! It was easier because we were more prepared. We'd done this before. Julius and Pauly were well bonded to us.

Our MN agency is FANTASTIC!! (Yeah!! Crossroads Adoption!!) When confirming her visit; our SW mentioned that she heard about a baby with DS due early November. She thought we could get our HS done quick enough. YIKES!!

Tom was still pouting about not going back to BG. (It looks so sad when he pouts.) He really didn't want to hear about it. He said it was probably a boy. (But Tom! It's a baby!! LOL!!)

It wasn't a boy! It's a GIRL! :o)

Another family had first choice. We kept plugging away on our Home Study thinking maybe this is our baby? It was hard to hope!

And then WE were the family! They backed out.

We had to RUN! to finish up everything!
Forms- Fingerprints- PHYSICALS for 15 of us!!
References have been lost. We are still missing 2 that were sent October 12th??!! Oh my. :o(
Fed Ex-ing things as fast as we can afford.

I try not to worry, this adoption is a gift from God. He knew! He is giving us the gift of a baby girl. We did not plan this. We had no idea. We were not on any waiting lists. We were still hoping for BG.
Everyone knew how much Tom wanted to go back to BG.

God has other plans. Oh! how foolish I feel. Once again, me running around like a silly little ant, trying to "make" things happen. Begging people, not praying/trusting His ways enough. Everything God has done in my life has been so much better than anything I could have ever tried to make happen, or hoped for. God is so good!

I'd often thought that our baby Joy would be our only daughter with DS. I miss her every day. I LOVE~ ADORE my boys with DS. But when Tom got us thinking about a girl, I couldn't help but wonder, would she maybe have DS? Because we were  looking for Special Needs, no specific Special Need.

God knew.
Thank You Precious Lord, for all good gifts come from above!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, wow, WOW! Congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to "meeting" her. :) Any news yet? It is early November already. ;)
    Congrats again. Thrilled for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was 36 weeks on Monday. Now they "think" the 20th. But us mommy's know how that goes!!
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. Your writing makes me so happy. (I think I have mentioned this before) I want to hear you say over and over how much you love people with DS. I want to be "washed" with that awareness over and over. I don't think I have a negative perception of people with DS (I remember when I was a kid a girl my age named Anna that had some kind of developmental delays but I befriended on the playground at my public school for a year--don't remember what happened after that year) but I just have not known many people IRL with DS, so they are somewhat of a foreign entity to me. So reading your blog helps me "see" your family and MA and grow in compassion and understanding. Your joy and enthusiasm are infectious--not just for people with DS, but for serving and loving people in general, and for serving and obeying God with a whole heart. You are one of the people who makes me want to be better at all those things. So I am so thankful to have "met" you! : )

    P.S. Even though I am currently living in CA, I was born and raised in IL and went to college in IN--I'm Midwest in my blood, and I love all the big-hearted Midwestern parts about you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! my but you are so sweet!! Bless your heart for such kind words! You made my day! :o) I write from my heart, and sometimes that makes you more vulnerable, but it's worth it if one person appreciates it!! Thank You!!!

      The special ed kids in my school district were hidden. I never saw them. And they were our first special ed kids in the district. We moved to a smaller area and I saw where they were. I wanted so badly to reach out to them. I wasn't able until our County allowed us to open our Group Home 25 years ago. It had been a long wait!
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. I am so excited for you! How soon will you get her after her birth? Ruffles and bows, polkadots and lace....Oh, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as soon as she goes into labor they call us and Dad hops on a plane!!
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))