Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Saturday, October 27, 2012

When I wish upon a star :o)

 I wish that every child with Down Syndrome, big............
or small, ;o)
had a family that cherished them. I wish they were cherished as much as a child who is a sports prodigy or a musical genius.

I do know many are. But sometimes it seems as if most are not.

I wish for all kids with Down Syndrome to hear their parents say with joy "That's my boy!" Just because, he is their boy.

Growing up, I was considered the "odd" one. Not very smart. No talents to be seen. And I had ideas that did not conform with my family's values. I let them down. And I was not developmentally delayed or disabled. But I certainly felt that way.

For me, I don't feel bad about this. I forgave my parents years ago. My precious mom became a Christian (YEAH!!) in her 50s.
And the way I was treated, taught me to LOVE, as only someone who ever wished to be LOVED, just as they are, could know. And isn't that true of all of us? Even though we have differing circumstances. When we realize the POWER of God's LOVE for us! "Just as I Am" is one of my favorite hymns!

A gift from God. Refining me for my purpose. What if I'd missed it? I shudder to think.
To God be the Glory!!
And by the way (*wink!*) "Those are my boys! up there!"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth. I know you don't know me, but I found your blog on Reece's Rainbow. I love seeingthe inspiring stories of people who have adopted. One day I plan on adopting as well.

    I wanted to say that I understand how you feel. Not only about loving people with Down Syndrome, but also about being considered "an outsider", so to speak. I have always felt like I'm the type of person who is easy to ignore, partially because I tend to be quiet and reserved, but also because of my weight. I feel that has made me more compassionate towards people with disabilities, as well as towards others who might be viewed as the outsider. God can use those experiences to develop a strong sense of compassion. God is using you for great things, not only in the lives of your children with Down Syndrome, but also in the lives of your other children and those who witness everything you are doing with your family. God loves to use people who are not considered "strong" by the world's standards. In God's standard, I can see that you are very strong, through Him. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Kelly! Thank you for stopping by! I recall seeing you post somewhere else and had seen your beautiful smile! You are beautiful! Thank You for your kind words and encourgement. (((HUGS)))

      Delete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))