Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Twenty-one

I'm beginning to LOVE that number! :o)
Belle will be child number 21. I only mention that because she has 21 chromosomes. (Tom and I tend to forget how many LOVES we have, unless the number is of importance, like 21! We kinda like that number! *wink*)

I've been feeling kind of melancholy lately about my precious treasures. Whenever we adopt our agency tells us "You are our only family looking for special needs." or "You aren't concerned about birth mom's drug or alcohol use are you."

Granted it's a private agency that charges fees a lot higher than many. But they believe in us, SUPPORT us and get the job done wonderfully. So we pinch pennies to use them. I guess others think if you are going to spend that kind of money for a Homestudy, you want a child with no added needs?

And it's not that we "aren't concerned" about birth mom's alcohol or drug use. It's just that that will not be the reason we do not adopt a child. The child did not do that.

So as I hold my bunch of boys from Bulgaria!
Oh! Yes, I sit on my bed and hold the whole bunch!

I remember that the only reason the adoption agencies think the boys are here is because they have special needs!

Nope~ they are here because God sent them. :o)

The agencies think that if we had been younger, more interesting, had a higher status in life, with less children, we could have adopted some of those kids without the extra needs. Some of those "perfect" babies.

Nope~ that's not our FIRST choice! We believe just as God said~ "the least of these will be the greatest".

And if their birthmoms added to those needs, because they did not have God's LOVE in their hurting hearts, well we aren't going to hold it against the child. 

God will take what others think is not good and redeemable. He can make ALL things redeemed for His good.

I often wonder, if someone wrote an adoption profile about me, what would it say? That I need a family that will accept an older, fat, vision impaired woman. That I can cook, but have less energy to do it because it is "of concern" (translation talk from medical files on the children) that I am older. Oh my who would adopt me?

                      God!!

(((HUGS))) thanks for stopping by! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, you made me laugh out loud!!!! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))