Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pauly have I told you lately how I love you?

This little boy has been home 14 months. He has totally bonded. This is his home! He walks, he crawls up on furniture. He's curious! He likes to pick things up and look at them. But if you catch him doing it he'll drop it and look away immediately like........who me?

It's harder for him to express himself. He still doesn't see why talking is necessary. He's a quiet thinker, observer. He never misses a thing! We're always working on ways to get him to respond to us with yes or nod yes with his head. He thinks we're crazy!

He's methodical in everything he does. I call him my little "football" guy. He's solid! He walks only with purpose and running around escaping like a silly little mischief brother (Julius) is not his thing!

He's not a TV watcher, but he enjoys a good book! He likes things that you can hold in your hands!

If he cries you know it's serious. He's either scared or hurt. He rarely cries.
Physically he communicates everything he needs~ "LOVE me, hold me hug me, tickle me, dress me warm, change my diaper................and I'll follow you for life!" Because now he is a part of something! A family!
This precious sister (Kitty) adores him.

We never say "kids with DS" when we describe Pauly. Because we have a funny feeling even if he didn't have DS, this is who he'd be.

Oh how we LOVE him!

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture with Kitty! I can see that she adores him! Precious!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))