Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Monday, October 22, 2012

Friends for life

It's after dinner and MA has brought out her collection of magazines, catalogs and word find books. The bag hanging off the back of her walker has a whole bunch of fun stuff too. Pens, pencils, a coloring book. We have the TV on one of her favorite shows for her- Wheel of Fortune!

She doesn't need her "walker" to help her walk. She needs it to pile her stuff in and on it so she can bring it all with her in one trip. If we help her carry these things, we end up trying to convince her to take less of it. She hates that!

When she was younger she'd crochet with me. Bringing out only her yarn bag, nothing else. But she has forgotten how to crochet now. Watching her make knots in her yarn balls, I must confess, I got agitated.
Sorry MA.
It's a chilly October evening so of course she needs the quilt! Possibly because I like the window open a crack for fresh Fall air. MA is cold even while having a hot flash! Me, ugh, a hot flash makes me want to put the fan in the window in December. But, she won't let me. ;o(
Sorry MA.
We talk-and talk- and talk.........well maybe it's mostly me talking.
MA politely listens.
 Even as my talking lulls her to................
                                                                               dreamy land.
Sorry MA!! ;o)

It takes a lot of patience to put up with me. Good thing MA has lots of patience or I'd live a very lonely life.
MA laughs at my jokes. Teases me when I'm sad. Listens to my troubles. Hugs me when no one else notices I need a hug. And agrees with me every time Tom makes her mad! ;o)

I have been beyond blessed to live with my best friend 25 years, and she still LOVES me!
And oh how I LOVE her!

Thank You God!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is the dearest person! Please give her an extra hug and kiss from me and my two little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just brings a smile....the nodding off while you talk :) Sounds like a very special lady! Thankful you have been blessed with her all these years!!! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))