Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Eeeek!

Where does the time go??

It has been a long day and yet it still flew by incredibly fast!

First this boy woke me at 3:30 a.m. Aaaack! So with love and patience I try to teach him the meaning of "shhh". If he YELLS! I go to him and tell him "shh". Over-and over again. Not really effective, but what's a mom to do!

Most nights, if Noah wakes up, it's because Jacob disturbs him and wakes him. But once in a while, Noah just gets up reeeeeaaaaaally early!!

By 7 a.m. I had washed hair and trimmed bangs on 2 girls, dressed multiple boys, fed two and vacuumed for an hour. The Social Worker was coming to see the new boys AND start our home study re-application! YES!!

I made one big mistake. I forgot to eat. :o(
The SW was coming during the boy's lunch time. I was concerned for them. Yes, I forgot about me! So when it came time to have our sweet SW tour the house- my blood sugar was plummeting! I was so embarrassed!

Never get up too early, work too hard, and forget to eat. I was sweating sitting!! I felt so stupid!

So we started the house tour in the kitchen! I ate a banana! Praise God I felt strength coming back! :o) So the tour was not a failure!

There was a time in our house when the majority of people/children in our family were people of color. It was a fun time. It was fun for the kids of color to point out how we who were white, were stared at or ignored, because we were in the minority with them.

Now we have a new dynamic here. The majority of people/children in our family have Down Syndrome. Although they don't verbalize this- I do believe they enjoy being the majority. They are incredibly skilled at getting the most attention and love, just because! We didn't plan this, but we are enjoying it! I had once wished we'd have one child with DS. Now we have 7! Six boys, one girl. (in Heaven) + our MA = 8 living here with DS!

Our lives don't revolve around DS. Our lives revolve around children. For most of them, DS is the seasoning, the spice, the sugar, the sweetness. I honestly could not tell you one negative thing about DS. First it comes from God. I love how the Bible says "The least of these will be the most in Heaven". Heaven is not like the world. The meek will inherit the earth, not the proud-strong. From reading that, my humble opinion is we'll be judged how we treat the least, the meek. My humble opinion is also that in Heaven, MA, our daughter , our boys will have the "worth/value" that they were meant to have.

I have so much to learn from them! They are so humble!  

5 comments:

  1. Who are you going after? I pray it's Penny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, :o( we were rejected for Penny over a month ago.
      It will not be an International adoption unless God intervenes somehow incredibly on our behalf.

      Delete
  2. I am excited to see/hear who will be joining your family next. Can you share who you are going through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now we are sending a family info packet about us to-------FL*OR*IDA!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. "My humble opinion is also that in Heaven, MA, our daughter , our boys will have the "worth/value" that they were meant to have."

    I agree with you, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))