Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Julius, a boy who happens to have DS

                                March 2011 Julius In BG first visit!!
                               August 2011 Julius (left) Pauly (right)
                                            HOME FOREVER!
                               I could carry both boys together then!
One of Julius' first surgeries helped him have more testosterone/hormone in his body. This really made a big difference in his growth. Prior to this surgery, his first Urologist had frightened us with the thought that Julius might be a girl! We knew he was not! After extensive blood work it was confirmed, he is a boy! :o) A beautiful boy!
                          Yup! This is September 2012. One year later.
My LOVE my boy Julius!! He has grown into a healthy happy guy.
Yes, he still struggles with behaviors that he had used to survive over 4 years without a mommy and daddy.
Yes, he was the most resistant to my LOVE. For months he responded to me as the "mean orphanage lady"!! ouch!
He really thought that he and dad could live very happily without me! Thank goodness dad did not agree!
I am ashamed to admit I lost patience with him more than once as he "fought" me. He blessed me with his forgiveness. And I worked hard not to lose my patience with him. The reward~ he's momma's boy! Of course dad still ranks high in his world too! But he LOVES his mamma!
And now, he is so well rounded with his likes and dislikes. (oops as I write this he has run over Noah's toe with his truck! Noah is crying.)

Phew- back now- thank goodness Noah is consoled easily!

As I was saying, my Julius. Wow! Wow! Wow! Is that really my boy? My little Ju-Ju bean as we like to call him! He is so everything I love about having a son! Boys! They are so not girls! LOL!! I love how I try to imagine what he's thinking and it's totally boy stuff! He surprises me every time! I LOVE that about my boys!

And oh yeah! Julius just happens to have Down Syndrome. And I totally LOVE that about him too! Wonderfully created by God!

5 comments:

  1. He is one handsome guy! :-)

    Does he still love all things electronic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! he does! And he's very talented at turning them off and on and manipulating them! He just started playing with Duplo legos and he loves to drive his cars and truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, He has grown! You are going to have such fun with so many little boys near the same age. Surely, just as the institution influenced how these little boys learned to cope and behave, living in a vibrant, loving, busy family with so many children playing, all five of your BG princes will be drawn out to LIVE!
    Julius has such facial expressions! He looks like he's always on the verge of pulling a prank. :)
    I'm glad he loves his mama right along with his daddy and you're no longer the mean ol' orphanage lady!
    love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Julius! He looks straight at the camera like he's not going to let anything get past him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He always has such personality in his photos :) Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))