Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A slight interuption ;o)

We interrupt the adoption of three of the cutest Archer boys in Bulg*gar*ia. To talk about my little pumpkin boy Julius :o)

Isn't he an angel?

Julius had been an independent little guy for 4 years in the orphanage. And he is very bright. He catches on to things quickly. He doesn't think he needs help doing anything. And he hates being told what to do. He doesn't like to be told "no". He likes to tell you "ah-ah" (no)!

For over a year I have been working with him on learning body parts, teaching him simple signs- eat, more, all done, and to say Ma-Ma.
When he doesn't want to do this he avoids my eye contact and sticks his tongue way out. Stinker!
Or he doesn't respond. He doesn't even want to clap hands with me if he does something good!

Until today!

Today he did a little clapping and tried to sign "all done". He tends to think the sign "all done" looks like "come" so he'll take my hands when I show him. He was so open to copying me today that I also showed him how to shake hands~ what boy doesn't love shaking hands! ;o)
And now he shakes hands. Wow! It was a huge step!

I just had to share! He brings so much JOY into our lives! :o)
He's so smart, I can't wait to see what he learns next!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!!! This is one of the BEST parts of bringing home kiddos from those places....watching them slowly emerge to do things you might see any other kid who was raised on a family might do. It's not that you are "fixing" them...but it's as if God is slowly restoring them, through you, to the way He created them to be; making all things new. It's my best!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))