Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Birthdays in June

 Julius turned 5 years old June1. He's still a little guy physically. He wears size 3T. But he has grown so much mentally in 10 months! He can do so much more now! He even ate his birthday cake with his brother Pauly. We fed it to them- but this year they trust us and eat all foods offered to them. 10 months ago they hated sweets!! Soon Julius will start feeding himself! (his sibs love this monkey shortall outfit on him! As soon as it's out of the wash they put it on him! LOL! Different shirts but same shortall!)

Julius' first birthday with us was a bittersweet day. Grandma sent him his first ever birthday card, followed by Hope.
First I mourned the years he has not been here. Especially the year of his birth, the day of his birth. I wanted to be there. When he was not taken home by his birth family. I wanted to say "I'll take him! I want him!"

I do know what it's like not to be wanted. My earthly father thought I was not his birth child. He did not want me. It's a painful way to grow up. I forgave him years ago. But I still carry the wounds.

I know what it's like to find out that God WANTS to be my Father! My real Father, my perfect Father. The joy and relief is overwhelming! Even though I was only about 9 when I found out! From that day on I knew I was really loved! I still feel the JOY!

I also know what it's like to have an un-expected pregnancy. When I was 46 and found out I was pregnant, with a 2 y old,a 1 yr old and newborn (adopted) at home with our (adopted) teens. I questioned God. And then turning 47 when he was born. It was hard. It was physically hard! Mentally hard! But as hard as it was, emotionally I could not leave him.
I'm not judging Julius' precious birthmom here. Just stating these things can happen to any of us.
 Noah (right) turned 9 years old June 3rd, in his Country. I cried because I miss him. I wish he was here right now. I want to tell him he is wanted! He is LOVED!
I spend so much time preparing for him and his 2 new brothers, I usually don't have many emotional days. I just keep very busy.
If you could see the look on Tom's face when he describes to people how "perfect" these 3 boys are to him, you'd cry too! :o) They are SO LOVED right now! Especially by God!
This little pumpkin, Kitty turns 9 in June too.
She's 2 weeks younger than Noah, and more that twice as big. She has been loved  and cherished by everyone- her birthmom who placed her here-us-her siblings. She is filled with joy in the Lord!
I didn't have a very good recent picture, but this is Hope, our 4th June birthday kiddo. She turns 19! She was never rejected either, her birthmom loved her-we love her-her siblings love her! She brings great joy and happiness wherever she goes! (she took this photo on her cell)

I love the thought of our boys growing into Christian men. Sharing God's love with others! What a blessing from God!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that it went well today. We lit a candle super-early to remind us to hold you in prayer all day until we heard the news. We love bunched up may and june birthdays, too... maybe by the end of them George will figure out what it's all about :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))