Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Monday, May 7, 2012

Tom's heart

 Tom loves Bulgaria! He loves the people, the Country and especially the children with special needs! He hates travel. But he loves all of Bulgaria so much, he disregards his feelings.
 Since he has been to two different parts of Bulgaria now. He feels especially drawn to this place. Pleven.
He thinks his daughter lives there and is waiting for him. He looked for her in the hall ways as he visited our LOVES. Who am I to tell him this sounds silly!
So yes! Tom says our family will not be complete without a daughter, a Princess from Bulgaria with special needs. He wants to go back next year to bring, whoever she is, home.
And yet, loves these children so much, that he said that if his daughter is not there. He would bring one last boy home from there instead.
Can you see this man's heart melting? His will breaking. He wants to serve the Lord. He no longer thinks in ways of what "he wants". But sets his mind on things above~ sets his mind on what the Lord directs him to do. He wants to do God's Will. He will travel thousands of miles willingly, faithfully to carry this through, for his children. Our children, who were born in the beautiful Country of Bulgaria.
Tom and I met when he was 16 and I was 13. I knew he was different. I knew he was special. I knew he'd be a fantastic Dad. And he is!

6 comments:

  1. He is certainly a special man with a heart for His orphan kids. What a match you two make...able to do things most would be way to fearful to tackle. I'm glad to know you, even if it is across miles and computer lines!!! :) Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful testimony of our God's fatherly heart - displayed and expressed through your husband and our brother, Tom. God bless you all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! You r awesome...typing one handed with Avi on my lap or I'd write more!

    LOve you lots!!!! steph brian sasha ellianna avi and lina!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, Tom and your whole family are such an inspiration - your blog is a joy to read every day (all the way over in Switzerland!)!!
    (sorry to have to comment as Anonymous but I don't have a blog, google account, etc...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You, Tom and your whole family are such an inspiration... I love reading your blog every day (all the way over here in Switzerland!).
    Sorry I have to comment as Anonymous but I don't have a blog, google account, etc.....
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! Your husband is amazing...you both are. So blessed to be able to follow your journey to your beautiful kids.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))