Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Some of us have brown eyes, some of us have an extra chromosome!

In our family everyone looks different! Different skin colors, different abilities, different ages, different eye colors, different heights. We wouldn't have it any other way!

 We celebrate our differences! We celebrate being 55 years old and being 4 years old the same way! With love laughter and joy!

 Those of us who do share something similar, like an extra chromosome, are still very different in lots of ways!
Only one of us with Downs is a woman. Only one of us with Downs is brown. Only one of us with Downs has autism and only one of us with Downs can eat anything he wants in huge amounts and stay naturally thin! (I want that trait!)

           We are as unique as our Creator! Perfectly made in His image!
                        No mistakes here! Don't feel sad or bad for us!
 MA is a little concerned here with Julius' flexibility! (He normally doesn't do this- he wants to escape!) Even though MA is the same age as I am; she is still much more flexible than I am! Both of us being the same age do share arthritis pain, that seems to happen to older people whether they are flexible or not. No difference there.

 Samson loves having his picture taken. He likes the attention. MA thinks that's cute! Not me, I get exasperated with Tom taking the same posed photos over and over! LOL! Julius and Pauly are tired of posing too! ;o)

 Tom can say funny things to make MA and Samson laugh! MA laughs very loud and boisterous. Sometimes we can't hear the TV when she's laughing! Samson laughs very quietly! Julius is fainting from all of this hard work posing! ;o)
Samson has to tilt his head back to see. His line of vision is so that he can't see if he looks straight ahead. If Tom asks him to pose putting his head down, his eyes roll around and he makes a crazy face. I think that makes his face look like we need to call 911!! I think he's cute just as he is, even if his head is tilted back! His personality shines through!
When I see these faces. I Thank God! These are four members of our family that we LOVE so very dearly! They are priceless gifts from God to us!
All of our differences are gifts from Him!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Elizabeth! You are so blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy L. This is a beautiful post. As I was finishing reading it, this passage kept playing in my mind.

    "For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."
    Psalm 139:13-16

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet photos :) Beautiful! Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family.I have been following your blog for the last month of so and am so amazed by your capacity for love. I am 19 years old right now and I myself have thought of running a group home. I would love to chat with you about yourday to day life as well as the pros and cons when running a group home. My e-mail is justicefortheworld2012@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))