Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our little pack rat! :o)

MA and I are the same age. We are complete opposites in one area of our life right now!
~~~~~~
MA has become a pack rat and I hate to admit it, a hoarder.
~~~~~~
Me, I'm wondering what in the world ever made me think we needed so much stuff! I am donating things left and right. And giving things to any adult child I have who will haul them away. And I'm still not happy. I have too much! I've become a minimalist! ;o) I can't even watch hoarders on TV, they make me nervous, and I want to start throwing more out!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most of my stuff is from the 90s. Things I was sure I'd need or crafts I wanted to do. Now they are going out the door as fast as I can bag them up! Most of MA's stuff is from recent shopping trips, the Senior Center (she "borrows their magazines") and"gifts" from her peers!
~~~~~~~~~~~
This is MA's bed. Every weekend she puts all of her favorite things on it. I don't know how she chooses from all she has! LOL! This takes her hours. When it is "complete" she puts her CD head phones on and sings her favorite songs with her pretend microphone! She stands on that side of the bed so we can't see her from the door way!! It is good for her to stand because she develops clots in her legs easily. She thinks we don't know what she's doing. :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~
At this time in her life seasonal decorations stay out all year! Christmas stockings still hung in June. No order. I say she's deserves it. This is the time in her life when she can relax. She has worked hard. Each day is a holiday!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Every night (just about all night long :o) she reads her big Bible story book and her Bible. She underlines alot of her Bible and she copies verses. Her heart is for the Lord! She was one of the first students to attend school in our area, graduating in 1975, the same year as me! But we never saw each other, the SN kids were not mainstreamed. (We moved here when I was 16. In the Mpls./St. Paul school district they were not mainstreamed either.) The nuns here were allowed to come in and teach them everything about Catholicism. (It is a very Catholic town.) MA says long beautiful prayers in her mind. She reminds me daily "I pray for you! and your family." With a big smile on her face!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am blessed that MA is in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you are so blessed! Jimmy does something a little similiar. He puts his DVD'S on his bed. Not all of them, usually about 10-15. They are put on the bed in order of when he is going to watch them. And if he gets a new movie, you would think he would want to watch that one first. Nope, it gets in line behind the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love to read about MA !! I have worked in group homes in the past, but only short term, with adult ladies who were deaf/blind - it must be so wonderful to be with them so long term and get to know them so well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))