Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Julius Believer

Julius is named after the Centurion, a Roman soldier who was very kind to Paul in Acts 27. Because of Paul he even became a believer in Christ. Our Julius Believer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Julius is precious. He's very active when he plays with his sibs, and very calm when he sits with me. Tuesday night the 4 as we call them because they are so close in age, (LOL!!!) went to bed early. They were in trouble. So it was just Julius & Pauly and me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like to crochet and Julius likes to help pull the yarn from the skein, to "help" me. :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Pauly likes to play with Julius, but Julius does not like to play with Pauly. He becomes annoyed by Pauly's autistic behaviors. Which is odd because lately he has been copying a few of them!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This night Julius suddenly decided instead of "helping" me, he'd grab my crochet hook and make a mess! But I saw him coming and caught him! :o) He turned away from me and did a little cry out of frustration from being caught. But quickly stopped and resumed helping! That was a big milestone for him since he likes to cry for attention. He recovered quickly.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Pauly went to bed first that night and Julius and I were alone. Julius loves one on one attention, Pauly thinks the more the merrier!! That night Julius did something he's never done before. He laid down next to me on my bed as I was crocheting. He felt my fleece sheet was soft like his blankie. He likes to touch his tongue on his blankie and make little sucking noises when he falls asleep. He started doing that to my sheet. It was the closest thing to him snuggling with me!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Normally he will lay further from us. He'll just plop himself down. He usually doesn't seek closeness like Pauly. But this night he was closer to me than usual. I could stroke his back and head. He smiled and laughed softly as I did this to let me know he liked it. It's about as affectionate as he likes to be right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~
After about a half hour it was his bed time. I carried him to bed and lay him down. As I covered him I put his blankie near his mouth. He smiled and resumed his little sucking sounds. He went right to sleep. This was the first time he's ever gone right to sleep since he's been home. It was precious because he now knows the routine and this night he participated in it. He has a home, he has a bed, he has a blankie, he has a mommy, he has a family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every day I thank the Lord for bringing this beautiful boy into our lives. This boy, who is now my precious son. A precious gift from God. Created by God for good. Created to worship God in his own special way. His heart is opening up daily to accept the love of Christ! What joy to see him learn to trust and love! What joy to be his family!

2 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me so happy. How blessed your boys are, and you, too, that God has chosen you to do such important work.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))