Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Saturday, January 14, 2012

It hurts, he cries

This precious little pumpkin has never had so many people hover over him and console him. Which is good because it hurts!
~~~~~~~~
Both ends of Pauly hurt- throat and bottom. I'm glad Julius is doing his surgeries separate. Bottom first, tonsils/adenoids second.
~~~~~~~~
Pauly HATES his liquid pain medication. He holds it in his throat as long as possible. Once it takes effect he feels so much better so the "fight" to get it down is worth it. His food has to be well buttered up to slide down and he doesn't want to drink so we have to offer sips every 15 minutes he's awake. He's sleeping so much better than pre-surgery- so that is a miracle! He's quiet!! :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It still hurts so he cries. He cries because it hurts, he cries because he's sad, he cries because he's frustrated, he cries for his past, he cries for his future. Sometimes he just cries. Poor precious lamb. It is good for him to get it all out. Because we are here now to console him all the days of our lives. He will never cry alone again.
~~~~~~~~~~~
God Bless his beautiful amazing Country of birth for keeping him alive until we could get there. God Bless the staff, directors, psychologists and Drs who cared for him with very limited money, low funds and big budgets. God Bless them as they did the very best they could. But they had their own family too. Life is hard there. I will not complain about what I don't have, I have too much. Compared to them, I am beyond rich.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I complain about medical bills, I am self employed and the insurance I buy has failed us with the new changes and the boys. But I thank God for what we have! When we started Julius and Pauly's adoptions we used credit cards. We had previously had only one credit card. Now we have 3. We are praying that we will get the tax deduction quickly! (my business taxes won't be done till late Feb.) But in the meantime we are now using these credit cards for Noah-Moses and Jacob. Ouch! We don't have much wiggle room. But we won't worry. We are on a mission!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God is good! ((((HUGS))))
Please rejoice with us!

7 comments:

  1. Bless his heart! I know what you are going through. My son is 7 and just had his out a week and a half ago. He finally started feeling better 2 days ago. I know it will be better in the long run but it breaks your heart to see them in such pain now. I will continue to keep Pauly and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our George bounced back after his tonsils faster than any of our typical children... It really surprised me because in some ways he's far more fragile... But I think you're right that sleep is the key. If he's sleeping better already, he'll heal and grow faster too.... All those hormones happen with good sleep.... Good luck with the pain meds. Some boys do better with the tablets, crushed, in applesauce, because they aren't so sour. Your doctor should be able to call in a new script... As always, you're in our prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying!

    Heather McFarland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby. I'm sorry he's in such pain. Pain from his surgeries and all the emotional pain, too. You're right though. It's good that he's working through this. I'm praying for his quick healing and that God helps him to continue responding and growing in your family's love.
    I love the picture of Isaiah consoling and snuggling his little brother. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to your sweet Pauly ~ poor little guy. So happy he has his loving family to help him through his recovery and to always be there for him. Hope he feels much better very soon! My kiddos pray for your sweet boys every night at Family Time, and we will add a special prayer for healing for Pauly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm behind on keeping up there...I hope he is feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))