Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My baby is home

My baby is home from the hospital. Everything went well. It was a long drive to the specialty hospital and the surgery was 2 1/2 hours long. They got to come home right away.
~~~~~~~~
There have been some amazing changes with this boy recently. This precious little boy who has stolen my heart and wrapped it all around himself! He is starting to love us back! His personality is very wary of people and he does not trust easily. He is accepting us more and more each day as his family. Oh the joy this brings us! My heart could explode!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night I put him in the bath tub, cleaning him up for surgery. The bath tub is a place he has feared so much that he would shut down and not react. He would be frozen in fear. Last night when I set him in the tub he only held onto the sides of the tub with his hands. He let me gently put them to his sides. He sat and stayed there happily. He looked at me as if to say he knew it wouldn't hurt him. I cried. He trusted me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the hospital after surgery, Tom could see that he was not afraid of the nurses or the Dr. as they woke him and tended to him. But as soon as he saw Dad- he cried out to him! He trusts Tom to care for his fears. We are now important to him! He wants us!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The surgery on the left side did not go as well, but the Dr found a solution to fix things so that he will not need future surgery. We will have to watch closely for infection. He has 3 incisions. He is in pain. He cries so sadly. He has pain medication that helps but makes him wobbly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for your prayers!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On my last post Anonymous commented that Julius had "bed head" in his photo. You bet he does! Aren't little boys supposed to have silly hair with cowlicks and sleepy patterns on it? That's something I love about my little boys. Soon enough, he'll comb his hair just right, but for now, we tussle that hair and head all day long! :o)

3 comments:

  1. God is loving. He sent your family to this precious boy and look at how different he is. Physically he looks so good! His face if filling in and he is just so perfect!
    Emotion side - in such a short time he is looking to you for help, knowing he doesn't have to be strong all the time, that you are strong for him.
    I love your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you Nancy! Thank You for your kind words! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear the surgery, while difficult, turned out good. Praying Julius recovers quickly with minimal pain. Poor little guy. I know there are plenty of loving arms in your family to give him cuddles and comfort.

    Nancy couldn't have put it better. I'm so happy y'all are seeing his wonderful progress and how he is bonding. He is such a handsome little boy. In this picture he looks older and I can't help but believe it's due to being in a family and learning how to be a family member!

    Remembering y'all in prayer for all the many things going on for you right now. Prays of thanksgiving; of praise; asking petitions for recovery from surgeries, illness; favor toward your fundraising at Hidden Treasures (YaY!); God's protection and gifts to Moses, Jacob, & Noah; the voting for the financial gift to bring home your special little girl.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))