Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Are we blessed or what? :o)

This morning at 5:30 a.m. Tom took Pauly to the Hospital for his surgeries.
~~~~~~~
Pauly was very stressed. He made his autistic gestures over an over and groaned and grunted. All the while tensing his body over and over. Poor baby. And then the nurse gave him a little something for his anxiety! He quickly melted into his happy little self! Everyone at the hospital fell in love with him! :o)
They asked us how we know what he wants if he's not verbal. It is amazing to us, because we don't think of him as non-verbal. He always expresses himself very well, even though he refuses to use signs. (He also does not respond to signs. He responds to what we say.)
~~~~~~~~~
Both surgeries went very well. It was very quick! As a pre-caution they are keeping him over night. They feared that he would not drink enough or eat well afterwards. But our little butterball boy loves his food and drink, so he has already surpassed their expectations! He's eating apple sauce and drinking lots!
He is crying to Tom that he wants to go home. It breaks my heart. He's not happy there of course.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I am home with SP, MA and the other 7 children. We miss Pauly here terribly. We are overjoyed that he is not facing this surgery alone. He has a family now! His Daddy is with him. He will never be alone for any medical procedure again.
We can not believe that WE are his family! God chose us for him! And we LOVE every minute of him!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I talked to my mom this morning and she was worried how, with my health, I was doing things without Tom here. I was so happy to tell her that caring for our boys is NOT a burden. And the joy of them being here out weighs all that we do for them. The kids are very helpful and only SP and MA need my full attention. Tom and I usually attend to the Group Home gals together, so it is alot to do it alone. The Lord is my strength!
I just started teaching Faith (soon to be 11) how to help get SP a dry depend! LOL! The highlight of maturity here is helping the Group Home gals with personal hygiene. (Oh I can just hear some of my more selfish adult kids groaning about how they hated growing up learning how to help our precious adults clean up!)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Little stinker Julius is enjoying all of the attention since he doesn't have to share with Pauly today! LOL! I think he would be sad without Pauly in his life, but for now he's enjoying the limelight!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom will come home at 10 and help me ready for the night. With MA's Alzheimer's my day never ends. :o) Then in the morning he'll go pick up Pauly at 6 a.m.
~~~~~~~~~~~
We rejoice in ALL He has given us! We are beyond blessed!
Thank You for your prayers!
We LOVE you all! (((HUGS)))

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things went well for Pauly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Pauly is through the hard part and doing so well. Having his family there to love him makes all the difference! You are so very blessed to have him in your life ~ I know exactly what you mean. Praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about Pauly all day. Thanks for updating us. So thankful the surgeries went well and that it's been pretty smooth at the hospital and at home. I'll be praying for his recovery. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to being back in his own home tomorrow! I'm sure he'll get so much snuggling and attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so happy to hear about Pauly! Will be praying for you and your family! Have fun suggling your little muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I missed checking in yesterday. I hope they are now home and Paul is feeling OK today. Sounds like he was so sweet while there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We lit a candle early this morning to remind us to hold Paul and his doctors in prayer all day. I'm just now getting to the computer to read that he did well, so your candle has been burning a LONG time :-) .... We got a wobderful package from you today. We all loved the cards, all of them, but i may need to share my shawl. My big kids were especially impressed with Isaiah's penmanship. They know it didn't get so nice by accident! Thank you ever so much. You are a blessing to our family.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))