Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Frozen in time



Frozen in time. Recently a mom sent me a photo of the 15 yr old that she is adopting. She is from the same orphanage as my little love bug Moses, pictured here. She is so tiny. She is probably the same size as Moses.


Moses is 6 1/2 yrs old. He is the size of an 18 month old. The children in his orphanage stop growing. They are all very very small for their age. They stop growing. They just manage to survive. Look at Moses' determined brown eyes. He is a survivor. The most recent photos of him that I have, I can't post here, they show him sick and sad. He could die. He needs a family. And yet they told another mom there is "no change in condition", when they asked about him. Is that good or bad?


My heart breaks. There is another boy there much older than Moses. But he is very small. He cannot walk. His legs are pulled up to his chest. He is a happy happy boy. We thought he was our Noah. But he was not. He haunts my mind, as I think of him so content, laughing. He asks for nothing.


So far away. So many children. So helpless. My life goes on and theirs is frozen in time.

Please pray for these children. There are about 15 families going to adopt. But there are 250 children.

2 comments:

  1. Many people don't even realize the situation in Eastern Europe. They're shocked and appalled when I tell them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say "Hi" from After the Rainbow. If you need anything or just want to talk to other families who have "been there", please don't hesitate to contact me or to post on the After the Rainbow Yahoo Group (shoot me an email if you're not a member yet).

    Blessings,
    Rachel Whitmire
    Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
    Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
    www.reecesrainbow.org
    Rachel@reecesrainbow.org

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))