Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Saturday, November 5, 2011

And so it ends in a blur ;o)



Last photo, from Tom's one photo shoot in October up north. LOL! Five weeks, I lose my disposable camera, forget my real camera. Tom doesn't take any other photos. We all get sick. It goes by too fast!

That's kinda what happens when you're old. :o) Time flies!


When I was young pictures were everything to me! One year Walm*art lost Matthew's 3rd birthday party photos!! I was devastated. (That was 17 years ago)


Now I spend more time smelling their hair. Listening to their voices. And holding their hands. I've memorized these things all through the years and they mean so much more to me. A picture just captures a look, not a person. I can lay in bed at night and picture my 35 yr old swimming in the lake at age 14. Her 11 yr old sister (now 32) bringing Grandma's swimming toys down to the lake with a floatie around her neck! It's just like I'm there. :o) I even see my mom young again! O.K. maybe I'm strange! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. A shame about the cameras and holiday photos! Not strange at all about the memories and taking fewer photos. My parents stopped taking photos, and I take way fewer now too than I used to. But I also feel photos are not just for me to remember, but also for others to remember, (eg descendents after I'm gone) and for the children to remember themselves. I don't have any baby photos of myself at all and feel sad about that as I can't compare my children to myself as a baby. (My parents never take pictures of their grandchildren, and they live very far away most of the time.) I also find that photos trigger memories that I would have otherwise forgotten.

    I would have been devastated at the lost birthday photos too! I once caught my toddler slowly pulling an entire film out of its canister and freaked! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))