Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why have I been missing!! :o)

I had been super busy getting ready for my State licensing audit. It was on Monday. The licensor who came is a woman I really like! I had her for an audit in 2007. I had NO corrections/violations!!! Woo! Hoo! You can't imagine how hard that is! She gave me a copy of the rule checks- well over one hundred double side pages. She checks a variety of things from it.

We are planning some vacation time for our family. That takes alot of time and work to plan and prepare for so many of us to go somewhere even for a day to do something fun! :o) Of course as I plan the sewer has to back up!! It has to rain so Tom can't mow the lawn. The vans tires have to be replaced. I could go on and on but I'm sure you get the idea!

The boys met their first visitor yesterday. Paul did not look at her or "see" her. He sat on my lap grumbling and doing his autistic hand movements. Julius looked at her but wanted his sibs to take him to play. He was uncomfortable laying on me as she talked to me. I wonder if he thought "Is she going to take me away now??" Poor babies. They are mourning the loss of all they knew. No matter how much "fun" we try to make it, we cannot remove their overwhelming grief. Sometimes Paul is so unhappy he just continually grumbles in his little world. He is grieving deeply. Julius is reaching out to those who feed him (me) and play with him.(his sibs) He's a little survivor. But when something scares or angers Julius, he reluctantly allows us to console him. We see him more accepting of being here, but still confused. Yet, very slowly building trust.

The boys had hair cuts today. They had their little bowl cuts turned into buzz cuts. I did not want to go that short but Julius HATED having his hair cut. So I couldn't control the length. Paul was oblivious to the electric hair cutter on his head until I did the back. Then he too protested loudly. After Julius was done he threw a tantrum, waiting in the playpen as I cut Paul's hair. Julius was MAD!! It was good to see him express himself, but it was not the right situation. So after a minute or two we told him to be nice. He calmed after about 5 minutes. But we saw his temper! Paul does not respond to his new hair cut. Julius has felt his own head. So we invited him to feel Isaiah's head (after his was cut) too. He seemed to understand. He acccepted the cut. :o)

No we don't have pictures up yet. Tom says he does not have time to teach me how to do this or do it himself. :o(

Well we are off to spend quality family time! I'll keep working on asking Tom for photos! :o)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we demand pictures! Not as if you guys aren't busy enough....but really, let's get your priorities straight---your friends are waiting!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need pictures...lol. Just posted on our blog celebrating with you yesterday (took me awhile).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much going on for all of you right now! Can't wait to see your boys settling into their forever family.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))