Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Sunday, September 18, 2011

patience and kindness

I'm not the most patient person in the world. But I really work at it I Cor. 13 = Love IS patient Love IS kind. I like to think I'm a kind person. Sometimes I think it's much easier to be kind than to be patient.

Many people think that I must be incredibly patient since I have so many children, and run a group home in my home. I know that I love what I do and am beyond blessed to do something I love. I hope and pray that as I age I grow in patience and kindness. The truth is my children and clients are much more patient and kind to me. I make sure I let them know how much I appreciate that.

I see that I, and now my younger children must be doing something right in the patience and kindness with our boys Julius & Paul. In only 4 weeks both boys have learned to respond in gentleness. Tonight as I kissed them and hugged them they accepted the physical contact with gentleness. When their brother and sisters reminded them to lay down for bed time- both boys were incredibly meek in their responses. No struggling to sit up or kick. Their guard was let down. They accepted our routine and they accepted our love and gentle corrections. Wow! Everything went so smoothly! It was a glimpse of hope for the future! Pauly even fell asleep before 11 p.m.! It was as if they were telling us that they like what we have been doing, even though they have struggled greatly to figure it out. The bonds between us grow stronger as these days get easier for all of us!

I wonder if the boy's hearts softened after I decided to treat them as my new babies rather than my little pre-schoolers. Accepting them where they are psychologically rather than where they "should" be. I wonder if they didn't feel pressured to be "good" or "nice". And in their grief of losing their only home and Country they just couldn't figure out how to behave.

They are watching, and they are learning.
Thank You! Your prayers have helped us all and touched our hearts in so many precious ways!
(((HUGS)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))