Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Friday, September 16, 2011

My babies are so much fun

Last night Tom went home to get 2 weeks of mail. I stayed up till 2 a.m. going thru it. I had the lights on and you would have thought it was the middle of the afternoon!

My babies, Julius & Paul were sleeping. They knew it was time to sleep even with mom up! They have stopped growling, humming and shouting in the night! They are now quiet. Sometimes they wake up to sit and rock. But they know it's time to sleep! Shhh! :o) At nap time after lunch, again they go to sleep. They are tired. They may wake up and look to see if we are dozing too and then they go back to sleep! Sweet babies!

I can put a blanket on Julius now and he "likes" it. He's not sure about it but he no longer throws it! He leaves his sheets on his bed now too!

They wear diapers, but they are very cooperative with diaper changes. They no longer try to get away or push hands away. They like getting their clothes changed and appreciate their snuggly outfits.

They still have a hard time with touching. Each day we can touch for a few seconds. They now let us.

When they get upset they cry and pout and have little tantrums and then they stop as if to say "All done." Pauly still fumes longer with anger/frustration, but he's ever so slowly understanding that he can chew toys not fingers and grind teeth. So he tries to comply to the best of his understanding. That means alot to a momma who wonders if he'll ever look at her and smile! He loves to be tickled! A good tickling brings out the best in him! Go figure!! LOL!

Julius will not smile if we smile at him-but if he smiles at us- we can smile back and he'll smile more! We just have to catch him!

So my new babies are so cute and cuddly! We love them dearly! They don't keep us up all night anymore. They learn routines quickly. They can entertain themselves! They are just too much fun!! I can't wait until they learn to snuggle!

We are sooooooo excited to get our next 3 boys get home! We are learning so much from these 2 little dumplins! We'll be having even more fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to tell you that, though I rarely comment, I am reading your blog and really enjoying it! You are an amazing woman and someone I really admire.

    We adopted a little boy with Down's from EE 2 years ago (to add to our other 3 kids!). He was 5 but at a 3-6mo level. Today he is 7 and at a 12-18mo level, and working on potty training! He has come SO FAR in so many ways, many ways that can't be measured, like learning to smile when smiled at, giving a hug and kiss, preferring family to others when in crowds, etc. Social things like that. Of course, he is doing other things in other ways, but those ways that I named are my favorite. ;o)

    I am sure you are extremely busy (how could you not be??) but I would like to invite you to view my blog. I am not very active on there anymore, but I do try and keep up with it (facebook makes me lazy, as it's so easy to post little bits of news and photos on there!). The addy is: http://ourfamilybouquet.blogspot.com .

    Enjoy those kids! Sounds like they are doing so much better already! :o)

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything...I've kept up with your last few posts, but not so often have the time to think about words to share. So, loving reading how things keep moving forward, slowly but surely. You are doing such a great job helping them figure stuff out. Prayers for endurance in all that you do. Blessings, jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jennifer I know how busy you are! (((HUG)))
    Thank You so much Missy for commenting and sharing! (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eliz! Look how far these precious boys have already come in what, 3 short weeks?! God is so awesome! Pauly and Julius are progressing in leaps and bounds (just by a different leaps & bounds measuring stick) and I know it's because of the love, attention, and nurture your sweet family is giving to them. And God is answering prayers.
    We pray daily for y'all and in the words of my 5 yo son, "those sweet little Archer boys". Until your next 3 come home, we're praying for 1) Doors to fling open, 2)Readiness in the family for the day the newest ones come, 3)That God would sustain them w/nourishment, health, & a love only He can give them.

    Thank you for taking time to post...your fears, your concerns, your trust in the Lord, and your joy in Pauly and Julius. I just want to squeeze those little guys! I know, I know, *that* wouldn't go over so well with them, but you know what I mean. ((((Hugs)))) to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))