Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Just In Case You Ever Wonder by Max Lucado



I love this book!


Right now it is on sale for $5.99 at Christianbook.com That's a steal because when I first started buying these books for ALL of my children in the 1990's (can't remember when it first came out, but my 35 yr old was about 14?) it was $12.99. You can see inside the book some too at that website.


I have bought this book for everyone of my children. The story is just so touching and appropriate. Even though some reviewers reviewed it as a book for younger children, the message applies to all parents and their love for God and their children of ALL ages. I think God gave Max a very special gift of words. Max can express God's love for us in words like no one else.


My Samson (picture on the right) is 15 and he has a huge book collection. But I had not given him this book yet because he's just learning not to be so hard on his books. I also had not given it to my youngest four children yet either. (they are 7,8,9,10) So a few Sundays ago after church I read it to those five children and gave each child a copy. I always write a little message inside as to who the book is for and something special about them and sign with my love. They were thrilled. They had seen the book and read the book because it is on our book shelf and everywhere the older children's copies sit. But having your own is special. I hope they read it to their children, and their children read to theirs! They are big enough to understand the great importance of this now.


Quite late on Thursday night I saw someone was in the bathroom and quietly tapped on the door to see who it was. It was Samson. He never responds to the tap or says anything! LOL! He opened the door and came out with his book (Just in Case You Ever Wonder) tucked under his arm with freshly washed wet little hands. I was so surprised. He wasn't sleeping so he got his now favorite book and was reading it by the bathroom night light which is quite bright! It was so cute. It just touched my heart. When Samson "gets it" he really "gets it" and we learn in humility from him. He is precious.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! We enjoy this book too. Also wanted you to know we are praying for the big day on July 4th! Can't wait to hear you are at the next step.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))