Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

my friend/client SP

This is SP. She is our 2nd client in our group home. I know this blog is about adoption and those who have DS. But I just had to share about SP. SP does have a 27 yr old niece with DS!!


SP has a disability too, mental illness and she is developmentally delayed. SP thinks she is a teenager! :o) One day she was telling me about her new favorite movie. She LOVES movies so she has a new favorite all the time!! But this day it was "Miss Congeniality" SP informed me that she was going to be Miss America!! To which I replied "SP do you know how old we are??" and she said "I don't care!!" Now I am ROTFL!!! I told her "We are grandmas!!"


When my daughters are dating or getting married, SP falls in love with their boyfriend/husbands. She likes them too!


SP has a great sense of humor and we love laughing with her! It wasn't always this way though. Her sister who provided the most care for her was killed by a drunk driver. SP mourned her loss for many years.


SP has lived with us 22 years. She is part of our family. Sometimes she's just as ornery as Tom and I, but then I guess if I had to put up with me, I might be ornery too.


You can see in the top photo our Shiloh Shepherd Snow likes SP alot! These photos were taken at our lake property where we vacation. SP loves to go there!





I hope and pray that SP has many many more years with us. She is a gift from God. She has blessed our lives in so many ways. I thank God for her.


She is very excited to be "Auntie SP" to five special little boys from Bulgaria!

2 comments:

  1. If SP is going to be Miss America, I think she definately deserves a tiara. Would you believe Walmart has them in their wedding/party section?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! My daughter works at Walmart!(she's 32) When she married her 2nd husband; I bought her a tiara to wear from Walmart. She is my princess. :o)
    I need to get Sandra one too! Great idea Big Momma :o)
    I probably need to get one for all my girls! ;o)
    MA (my other client) too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))