Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Saturday, April 23, 2011

More gobble-dee-goo

Our lawyer in Bulgaria e-mailed me this this morning-
"During this last week I have been in constant touch with the Embassy. Your I-800 is actually here but they don't know what to do-whether to let me go and do the provisional filing or waiting for the Supplement 3 and your daughter's fingerprints clearance to arrive too. They said that technically, they should let me do the provisional filing since she doesn't turn 18 before the end of June and is currently 17 but at the same time, it is a precedent and they are not sure. I told them I am subscribed to all precedents lol! Anyway, they said they would do is e-mail the DOS and ask them what to do. As soon as they have an answer, or if your daughter's fingerprint clearance comes (whichever of the two happens first), they would let me go and do the provisional filing. I will keep you posted."
UGH!!

2 comments:

  1. I know you have gone on trip one, but we had done our I-800A and ran into similar issues w/ our 17yo at the time. They would not give us I-800A approval w/out her prints. This was back in October & she didn't turn 18 until Dec. 27th. I was told it was up to the officer on our case. He could have approved us but decided not to as she would turn 18 during our process. Guessing it is something similar w/ you guys? All I can say is I wish you a speedy process and can't wait to hear more. Best wishes. Stephanie-- www.10kidsin2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie, yes this sounds like the same thing that happened to you! UGH! The only good thing was she had a passport for a picture ID for her finger print appointment. We took her to get a MN picture ID a week ago, but that will take a long time, 4-6 wks. to come. The crazy thing is we tried to get our 16 yr old son a passport and he had no picture ID either, but they said- No! Why when Hope was 16 last year, did they let her get a passport? Go figure. Anyway.........why didn't anyone warn us!!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))