Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Monday, March 7, 2011

It is Monday here and Tuesday there, how confusing!!

Tom saw the boys on Monday! I know, it's still Monday here. But it's Tuesday there! He woke up early. He's so tired, he isn't eating. I KNEW IT!! LOL!! Our facilitator picked him up in the a.m. to drive to the orphanage. They couldn't find it!! They were late and Tom said the workers said that they were very under staffed so he could not visit long. He was overwhelmed with all of the people observing him during his visit. He was worried that they wouldn't like him. Our facilitator said they did like him! :o)

I thought that he would have an a.m. visit and a p.m. visit. I had heard that from another family. For Tom it will be one visit a day. It does not give him much time to be with them. :o( He's worried they won't remember him. I think they will remember something about him, if the orphanage is understaffed, how can they not remember the man who visited them and spent his time just with them. Kissing and hugging them.

Their real names are confusing. On Reeces Rainbow they are Eric & Emmett. Those are not their real names. Besides their real names they are called nick names too. So I have no clue who is who anymore!

Tom says Julius is active and very independent. When Tom wanted to help him on a horsey ride he pushed his hands away. Paul makes a throaty sound that he probably learned from imitating the other special needs children. (Kids with DS need to "copy" sounds from parents, adults and children who don't live in orphanages to learn how to pronounce correct sounds.) When Tom carried Paul, Julius showed signs of jealousy that he wanted to be held! Tom carried Paul for an hour. The whole thing was overwhelming he said. Overwhelming to see them and not get to take them home. To think about leaving them on Friday. He's keeping in prayer for his strength. I think this has been good for his faith to grow!

No, :o( Tom did not take any pictures. But in a few hours it will be time to wake up and go again, and he promised he would. He said they don't look thin and he thinks they are a good size.

I thank God for Skype. Without it our phone bill would be huge!!
So many blessings, so much to Thank God for!


  1. OHHHH!!!! I am smiling so big! It has got to be so hard, but the thought of rejoicing with you as they come home fills my heart!!!!

  2. I am so glad that he is there and getting to meet them. :) My husband will be going alone as well. I will be praying for yours to have a safe trip and have a good time of bonding with the children. Can't wait to see some pictures!

  3. How exciting that Tom has met them, finally! Praying all goes smoothly and swiftly to get all five boys home this year. God bless you.

  4. I'm so glad to read your update...saying prayers for your husband. We only had one visit per day- neither director were too excited about us being there in the PM and messing up the schedules. And you know what? I was fine with that. It hurt a lot to get so emotionally vested knowing we'd be leaving without them. It is so emotionally overwhelming. I'm guessing Tom felt better after today's (Tuesday's) visit because he knew what to expect/how many people to expect...we also had many more people observing us the first day. After that, no one was really too interested in us and were likely happy for that time to have one child they didn't have to worry about :) Can't wait to see photos- but completely understand why he didn't get any the first day....I wouldn't have either had Morgan not been there!! :) Blessings, Jennifer


I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))