Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))

Welcome!! Grab a cup of coffee and visit with us! We hope you enjoy our story! (((HUGS)))
CLICK ON THE BOYS PICTURE TO READ OUR FAMILY BLOG

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Consumerism at it's best! AAAACK!!

There is a commercial on TV for Wendy's hamburger place, where they sing "My 99". I hate it because throughout the day I hear our 6,7,8 and 9 yr olds singing it frequently!! UGH! And we never eat there! We have an adult daughter who is a manager at McDonalds, we support McDonalds!! ;o)

So this morning as we were doing Advent readings and songs, I asked the kids to find Micah 5. And I decide to sing it to them to the tune of "my 99". I sang "Micah5-Micah5!" That should get the my 99 out of their head..........right!!??

Then I looked over and smiled at Samson. And he replied "I EAT IT!" The tune already had a meaning in his mind and it was NOT Micah 5!!

I almost fell on the floor! That commercial has even "infected" my precious Samson!LOL!! And he's not even a consumer group target! UGH!! Shhhhh! Don't let Wendy's know how well that commercial sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :o) so please be kind! (((HUG)))